Pour milk over bread, and crush with your … Agreed: it kinda sucks. http://bylanderseafood.blogspot.com/2010/04/stonewoods-chef-mike-drury-bakes.html, http://thekitchenkook.blogspot.com/2013/01/spiced-white-chocolate-bread-pudding.html. This bread pudding with vanilla bourbon sauce recipe by Crouton Crackerjacks is a great holiday treat for a potluck. Heat in microwave for 10 seconds, stir. Even with subs, this is a wonderful recipe. Thanks for the tips!!! You can plump the raisins in water and replace the remaining bourbon in the recipe with milk or cream. But I don’t feel that “bad” foods should be off-limits either. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time.Â, 4 ½ cups (1/2-inch) cubed French bread (about 8 ounces), Back to New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce. If you do not care for raisins, they can be omitted or substituted with another dried fruit, like cranberries or cherries. Used a mix of golden and dark raisins. The bourbon can also be omitted entirely if necessary. Lol And yes, time flies! I have tried just about every restaurants bread pudding down there!! Here’s the white chocolate, cinnamon, nutmeg version to compare! YUM. The mixture is layered with bourbon-soaked raisins, baked, then drizzled with a bourbon cream sauce. 3 cups stale French bread, cut in 3/4-inch cubes. Top it off with the rest of the mix. Good call on the golden raisins, those are great! This is the first one that I made myself and it remains my all-time favorite version! Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. What Is Bread Pudding? Place dish in a large … Well, this throws an interesting twist on my quest for a bread pudding recipe. The vanilla bourbon sauce adds a perfect finish to the bread pudding to add more sweetness. Holy Cow! New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce. It was incredible.... Jen Causey; Food Styling: Ali Ramee; Prop Styling: Missie Crawford. In a 5” x 7” glass baking dish, melt 4 tablespoons butter in the microwave and make sure the bottom and sides are coated with the butter. I tried this awesome recipe!! 2 cups milk. In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks, brown sugar, cream, milk, vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. I guess it’s time to crank out some of my vegetarian and fish recipes! Bread pudding isn’t usually my thing, but this recipe sounds fantastic! What I need to modify? Delicious!! I spied that bottle of Jim Beam in the background. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Pour into buttered 9 x 12 glass casserole dish. This is so good and easy. To prepare sauce, combine 1/2 cup sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Recipe is a keeper. Don’t be tempted to use fresh bread or skip the toasting step in this recipe. Using your fingers, pinch 6 tablespoons butter into the sugar mixture until the crumbs are the size of small peas. The waitress insisted we try it and we were hooked. Hi Jennifer, Yes, you could just use water for plumping the raisins and for mixing with the cornstarch in the sauce. Wow, this bourbon bread pudding looks AWESOME! I don’t usually cut fat or sugar from my desserts, as I believe a little bit of a splurge on something decadent is better than multiple servings of something lower-quality. Some ideas would be whiskey, rum, Kahlua, amaretto, etc. Grab a casserole and place half of the bread mixture. I like to make my time and tested, trust-worthy spiced white chocolate bread pudding. This bread pudding would be equally good with vanilla ice cream at 7PM or a platter of Oven Baked Bacon in the morning.. And the sauce. This was outstanding!The sauce made it to die for. The bourbon can be substituted with another liquor if you’d like to switch up the flavor. Strain the mixture, placing the bourbon and raisins in separate bowls. That looks great! But bourbon sauce is the remedy! The bourbon is a fabulous nod to Bourbon Street but I’ll bet this would be great using brandy, instead. Kings Hawaiian Bread is very good with this reciep.Some times I add nuts,currents,goldenrasins but depends on who I am serving this to.I use brioche as well.It is a simple reciep,but very tastey.Prepare the night before. Thanks, Michelle! If sorghum syrup is unavailable, use any dark syrup you like for the sauce. Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish. Let the pudding cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours). que es bourbon es vino y si es vino se le puede hechar cualquier licor? Most of the bourbon should have been absorbed by the golden raisins. Then bake bread pudding in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until edges start to brown. I think Bread Pudding is heavenly. You can also omit the vanilla bean and use 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce, New Orleans Bourbon Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce. I just kept touching the top of it to see if it was setting. Place the torn bread into a large bowl. Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding with Brown Sugar Bourbon Sauce, entirely gluten-free. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes at 350°F or until lightly browned and the consistency of thick, thick pudding. You honestly won’t get the same consistency if you substitute for the cream. This bread pudding is absolutely phenomenal; toasted French bread cubes are soaked in a custard mixture spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg and spiked with bourbon. and have a back up plan. I'm Michelle and I believe anyone can learn to confidently make recipes worthy of celebration. My heart started beating faster just reading the title of this post. This is wonderful! http://i.imgur.com/TlVJ8nU.jpg. Bake, covered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Which brand did you use? Absolutely delicious. Heat the bourbon in a small saucepan over low heat; add in the raisins, remove from heat and let stand for 8-10 minutes. If you have your own website, I would be very interested in learning more from you. :D. This sounds delicious! No-Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Cookies, Garlic-Herb & Parmesan Roasted Red Potatoes. Oooooh yum! They kept oohhhing and aahhhing over how “sinfully rich” it was, and when I told them it was sugar free, they pigged out completely! Thanks for the advice! Drizzle warm sauce over bread pudding. Fantastic insight and information, thank you for sharing!! Well now I have a Panettone and this recipe. I used dark rum instead of bourbon because I'm not fond of whiskey. An excuse to put booze in food is good enough for me! I can imagine how tasty it must be. Wo derful. Mmmm I love bourbon in anything. I think my son would like it, as bourbon is his tipple of choice (it’s okay, he’s an adult :) !). Repeat. What is the best to use in place of the heavy cream? I’m always nervous about ordering bread pudding – I’ve had fantastic bread pudding and not so fantastic bread pudding! milk, caramel sauce, vanilla pod, sugar, bread crumbs, eggs Irish Bread Pudding – Savory Bread Pudding The Food Blog Colleen olive oil, butter, chopped parsley, eggs, onion, dark beer, cayenne pepper and 4 more The topping turned into a kind of mush when I tried to rub in the butter so I just kind of dotted the top with it and I wasn’t a huge fan of the sauce…but it has bourbon…so I’ll eat it. Increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees F and bake until the top of the pudding forms a golden crust, about 2 minutes. It’s one of my guilty pleasures that I rarely get to have. This sounds really good but we don't use bourbon. Oh my – this looks amazing! Yippee!! Your email address will not be published. I’m so excited to try this recipe! It’s one of my favorite desserts. It tastes so decadent, no one will believe it's been lightened! If you do not care for raisins, they can be omitted or substituted with another dried fruit, like cranberries or cherries. Break bread into pieces, and place into a large bowl. I have been infatuated with all things bread pudding ever since. Cover the dish with foil, and bake for 45 minutes. Immersed in a rich, creamy custard sweetened with sugar and brightened with spices, it’s baked and scooped into bowls, warm or at room temperature, often crowned with a spirits-laced sauce… Cross my fingers …. 1 cup sugar. Easy and quick, too. This bread pudding looks amazing! I wish it could be pink/red and Valentines Day season forever! If you do so, the bread will fall apart, disintegrate, and/or turn to mush in the custard mixture; using stale or dried bread allows it to soak up the custard mixture and retain its shape, which gives the dessert both a sturdy body and an ultra-creamy texture. Also, can I add macadamia nuts to it instead of raisins? It was an absolutely the best ever success. It tastes so decadent, no one will believe it's been lightened! Bourbon taste a little strong. This looks so good. It’s crazy sometimes. Bourbon Sauce: In a saucepan, mix the sugar, butter, buttermilk, bourbon, baking soda, corn syrup, and vanilla extract. I adore bread pudding-it may help that I live a short distance from New Orleans and frequently visit. I LOVE bread pudding! In fact, I thought it only existed here! Hi! Using a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the cream and sugar until the sugar dissolves. 309 calories; calories from fat 24%; fat 8.2g; saturated fat 4.3g; mono fat 2.7g; poly fat 0.6g; protein 5.6g; carbohydrates 47.6g; fiber 1g; cholesterol 87mg; iron 1.1mg; sodium 272mg; calcium 74mg. That’s what you bake it at until the very end. Bring the sauce mixture to a boil. This is very good. Info. I like how he layers the raisins in there instead of adding them directly to the pudding because they would stand out more in every bite. Note that if you assemble the bread pudding ahead of time (see success tips, below), the longer that it sits before baking, the softer and more custard-like the interior will be. I had to cook mine way longer- a good 20 minutes longer. MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Yours looks divine! Time really does fly when you’re a grownup. This would make my nutritionist pop an aneurysm. Let bread cool. Whisk in the cornstarch mixture, and bring to a boil. 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Honestly, I don’t think I can ever remember having bread pudding. I just wanted to know how long I can keep the leftovers for?? Combine sugar, vanilla, eggs and raisins in small bowl; whisk really well. Some ideas would be whiskey, rum, Kahlua, amaretto, etc. Maker’s Mark is also a good brand for baking. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I used regular bake and not convection bake. Bread pudding has the consistency of the middle of a huge stack of French toast – that custard-soaked, soft middle that is drenched with custard-y flavor in each and every bite. I haven’t tried to make it myself yet, but here is the link to the recipe. Bring to a simmer; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Place the croissant cubes onto a … It was baked with puff pastry lining a baking dish topped with slices of penny loaf bread and butter, raisins… You want to add the bourbon sauce when you serve it – drizzle it on warm and fresh. This is a Great Mardi Gras recipe!!!! My friend from Britain had bread pudding as a child with birds custard. Their bread pudding also had bourbon…so I think I should give this recipe a try! MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Serves 6. Ingredients. I hope that makes sense! My favorite though is the chocolate bread pudding at Stonewood Grill. Meanwhile, mix the granulated sugar and remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Really great. I totally share your sentiments. I have a question: If I make this Bread Pudding can I substitute Kings Hawaiian Bread instead of the french bread? Hi Shaina, Well, my personal dessert philosophy is everything in moderation. Well, my leftovers lasted exactly one day ;-) But if you have more restraint than we do you could probably keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Bread pudding is a big, hearty, homespun dessert, in which stale bread becomes the star! 1 tablespoon vanilla extract. Cover with foil; chill 30 minutes or up to 4 hours. 1/2 cup butter 1 cup sugar 1/4 cup heavy cream 1/4 cup bourbon. Can I serve this to kids? This bread pudding … What a fascinating, insightful, and helpful comment. The sauce will bubble up quite a bit, so use a larger pot than you … A few questions for you since I am going to make it a day before I serve it. I so loved this, I thought I should try doing something different this weekend and let me say this was a big hit. I bought a Panettone as I saw some show on Food Network doing a bread pudding with it. A few quick tips on substitutions, alternatives, and make-ahead instructions: This bread pudding starts with toasted French bread cubes soaked in a bourbon-spiked custard, then layered with bourbon-soaked raisins, baked, and drizzled with a bourbon cream sauce. Remove the foil from pudding, sprinkle with the butter mixture, and bake, uncovered, until the custard is just set, 20 to 25 minutes. Sounds so yummy! Plus, we have several excellent bourbon cocktail recipes if this dessert doesn’t work out :). Combine reserved liquid, milk, and next 6 ingredients (milk through eggs) in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. But, this looks delicious! Bourbon should be very warm but not bubbling. Yum-O! Thanks for the advise! Ysed brioche bread and pecans. YUM! I was looking for a way to use up my bourbon and I think I have just enough. Add to bread mixture and stir gently. Bake 30 minutes or until lightly brown. I will try that next time. I didn't change the recipe one bit and it was perfect. 1/2 cup raisins; 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons bourbon or brandy; 12 ounces fresh French bread, crusts trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces; 1 1/2 cups milk (do not use low-fat or nonfat) If you’ve ever wondered how bread pudding is made, the formula is quite simple >> take stale (or intentionally dried) leftover bread and combine it with a custard mixture that usually includes milk or cream, eggs, and sugar. But just like the raisins, the making of the bourbon sauce is totally optional. Was nervous that there wasn't even custard to cover the bread, but it turned out great. However, if I made it as is, and if I stayed excruciatingly quiet while eating it, I’d be able to hear the sound of my arteries closing up. Sprinkle evenly with raisins, pressing gently into bread mixture. Rum and raisins just seem to go together. Break pudding is all the rage here in England. Simple to make! I adore bread pudding. Remove from heat and whisk in cream and bourbon. That was my father-in-law’s favorite so I’ve done lots of baking with it as well. It was only a 15 prep and then forget it in the fridge until after dinner and cook for 30 minutes total. Substituted golden raisins for regular. Toss in the toasted bread until evenly coated. We really enjoyed this. This classic southern dessert is perfect for Christmas, Mardi Gras, or any special occasion. If I did, it was a very long time ago and my grandma would have made it. Will definitely try it, but at the very least will scale back the heavy cream to half-and-half and use skim in place of the whole milk, which I never buy. Place raisin bread pieces in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish; set aside. I think you’ve inspired me to make a batch one of these days. Oh, the seasons of life…); he ordered a chocolate bread pudding, and I… can’t remember what I ordered. Also used all Splenda in place of the sugar. It’s breakfast-meets-dessert in the best possible way. Now, after some near-fatal health problems, I have “religion.” Still like a little treat now and then, but I’ve sworn off the “hard stuff”. MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. Bourbon Sauce. Also didn't have corn syrup for the sauce so just melted the butter with some brown sugar and some more rum and it was good - not too sweet. And with a few subs, I still can. Unfortunately, I don’t have any bread pudding recipes on the site that don’t include. Thanks for the recipe…. Hmmm…think i’ll try it both ways! Let stand 30 minutes. Arrange the bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Hi Katy, I personally would not serve this to kids. Slice the croissants with a sharp serrated knife into 1” cubes. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup bourbon. Oh my Gosh! Because the recipe has great “bones,” no doubt it will still be almost (not quite, but ALMOST) as fabulous! It does extraordinary things to baked goods! Offers may be subject to change without notice. I have been looking for “Non-Alcoholic” version of bread pudding… Do you have one in handy? Layer the pecans and raisins. I don't like bourbon so I substituted dried cranberries and grand marnier. Whoa! This is a year old, but I just wanted to say that I totally agree with you Michelle! Thanks for sharing!!!! See our full collection of Cajun and Creole recipes for more ideas. Serve each bread pudding piece warm with about 1 tablespoon sauce. Bread pudding is actually not too hard to make, and it’s kinda fun coating all of the bread pieces with a rich custard! Made exactly as is and topped with a bit of vanilla ice cream. Hello and welcome! Your email address will not be published. Yours looks wonderful! Plus, bread pudding gives you all of those wonderful crunchy edges, which is a phenomenal texture contrast to the center, and probably my favorite part ;-). All the guest loved it and I will only make that recipe of bread pudding. To prepare pudding, combine raisins and 2 tablespoons bourbon in a bowl. http://bylanderseafood.blogspot.com/2010/04/stonewoods-chef-mike-drury-bakes.html, oh yeah! Served with some fat-free vanilla ice cream on the side. I will definitely try this. The first known bread pudding recipe written down was in a cookbook called The Compleat Housewife by Elizabeth Smith in 1727 and considered a 'bread and butter pudding for fasting days'.. Let the mixture sit until the bread begins to absorb custard, about 30 minutes, tossing occasionally. Gently toasting the bread actually evaporates the water, allowing the water in your custard to rehydrate the bread, carrying flavors along with it. Use a table knife to scrape out the seeds and stir them into the sauce. Thanks! I hate winter and the only thing that keeps me going after New Year’s is Valentine’s Day. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter with the sugar, whisking occasionally. Deselect All. Let stand 30 minutes. Hi Lori, I used Jim Beam because I still had about a half bottle sitting around. Home > Recipes by Category > Custard, Meringue & Pudding Desserts > New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce. One more thing to add to my never-ending list!!! Stir together sweetened condensed milk and next 5 ingredients; pour over bread pieces. You shouldn’t be! While a French baguette is preferred for this recipe, you can use another type of bread if you’d like, but do not use pre-sliced bread – you want to be able to get nice big chunks. I’m picking up some bourbon this weekend!!! If you make the bourbon sauce ahead of time, refrigerate that too. bourbon. Yes, I agree that time is moving too quickly. Is all the alcohol cooked out? He gave me a taste of his and he could tell I was totally enamored with it, so he offered to trade me desserts. Simple and yummy. Serve alone or with Bourbon Sauce (I strongly recommend the bourbon sauce). Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Would you recommend adding the bourbon sauce the night I make it or the next day? Pour half the bread mixture into the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with half the raisins. Dried bread is better than stale (this is also true for French toast and stuffing). Place 1 cup raisins in a small bowl and cover with 3-4 Tbsp. It’s good to see a non soggy bread pudding. Yum…Given the ingredients, I’m sure it tastes orgasmic. This is so perfect for me! I love eating healthy! However, if there is any remaining liquid, you can add into dish or save for later use in the bourbon sauce. What happens if I use 8 eggs instead of just the egg yolks ?? Pour mixture over bread cubes; gently stir in raisins and vanilla. Bread pudding is one of my weaknesses. Can this recipe be made without the bourbon? Yes please! Place the croissant tops crust sides up over the raisins in the dish. Also, would it be best to refrigerate it overnight or leave it out? © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. When you heat the bread up again, the crystals retrograde, releasing the water, which can dilute your custard. After removing from oven, sprinkle pecans on top. Drain mixture in a sieve over a bowl, reserving liquid. Place the raisins in a bowl and pour Bourbon over the raisins just until submerged. I was always scared of bread pudding but this recipe looks too delicious to pass up :). In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks, brown sugar, cream, milk, vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, … I actually prefer to pour a little on top and serve the remainder as a dipping sauce. I will have some bread pudding and a shot of bourbon! My absolute favorite dessert of all time! Popular in New Orleans this Bread Pudding with a Bourbon Sauce is a dessert enjoyed by the mature outdoor enthusiast. It is fantastic and no one would ever guess it was "light". I love hearing from what you seem to be–an expert. I don’t think I own any bourbon. In a medium sized bowl whisk together the eggs, whole milk, sugar, bourbon… I never thought I liked bread pudding until I tried the bread pudding at The Palace restaurant in Santa Barbara. Yum! Leave a review below, then snap a picture and tag @thebrowneyedbaker on Instagram so I can see it! Make Ahead Tips + Tricks. Bourbon es un tipo de whiskey usualmente hecho en Tennessee or Kentucky. Would that I did not have to sub, but us old ladies have some stringent dietary restrictions!! Mother didn't put them in hers, and I don't put them in mine. Soak for, at … Mother didn't put them in hers, and I don't put them in mine. Does the temperature stay at 450F the whole time? The bourbon can be substituted with another liquor if you'd like to switch up the flavor. The sauce is a must, and if you have extra, it's great on ice cream. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. This classic southern dessert is perfect for Christmas, Mardi Gras, or any special occasion. For a traditional bread pudding Bourbon Sauce, omit the vanilla bean and stir in 3 tablespoons bourbon. Bourbon sauce In a bowl, whisk the sugar and cornstarch together well Really enjoyed this, though I skipped the sauce because we don't like things too sweet. Also, golden raisins (had some I needed to use) in it were gorgeous. If the majority of the bread is still hard when squeezed, soak for another 15 to 20 minutes. And bourbon-flavored or rum-flavored desserts. Vanessa, You won’t be able to create a custard with whole eggs. Any suggestions for a substitute for the bourbon.? Essential tools, baking lists, make-ahead tips, quick recipes, and more! I love the recipes you always have so I am going to make it work. Gingerbread Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce fuses the comforting memories of childhood—the extra gingerbread cookie grandma sneaks into your bag—with a grown-up appreciation for layers of flavor: golden raisins, toasty pecans, spicy sweet crystallized ginger, and a little extra spirit (ahem, bourbon.) Very time intensive but delicious. Sticking with the whiskey theme, this recipe includes the instructions to make a delicious and smooth tasting bourbon sauce to serve alongside the bread pudding. We were served dessert right at midnight (which now, over 10 years later, astonishes me because I can’t even fathom being up and OUT at that hour, let alone eating a meal, HA! Enjoy the best of the Big Easy with this traditional New Orleans-style bread pudding. When I saw the photos I was a gonner. Hi Kristen, No, you’ll see that after you toast the bread at 450F you reduce the temperature to 300F. I think what I’ll do is just make your exact recipe but maybe cut it in half so I’m not tempted to eat too much :). FIne! Reheat in the microwave or in a 350-degree oven covered with foil. Thanks for the science lesson. That looks like some serious deliciousness right there! Looks incredible!! THANKS! Required fields are marked *. Add the bourbon-soaked raisins to the bread mixture and gently stir. Layer/sprinkle the small torn croissant pieces into the bottom of the baking dish, then sprinkle with the bourbon-soaked raisins. That’s it! I love anything with bourbon in it, including Diet Coke! Serve with Bourbon Sauce. Have bourbon……will make! After that i just mope until spring :) We were never huge bread pudding fans because they always seem to be too dry but last summer we had the most amazing bread pudding on vacation in Mystic, CT. :) Bourbon in bread pudding sounds amazing! It seems to be a dessert that is tricky to get right. Leftover bread pudding can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. As long as you enjoy things in moderation and balance it with healthy foods and exercise, you deserve your heavy cream every now and then! While a French baguette is preferred for this recipe, you can use another type of bread if you'd like. I love a good bread pudding, and bourbon? Thank you! This was my question too, how to make it ahead but still have it taste amazing when it’s served. Well, for Shaina or anyone else who is interested in streamlining this recipe a bit, I am happy to report that if you do as I said I planned in my post above, subbing half-and-half for the heavy cream and skim milk for the whole, it still turns out over-the-mood delicious! I mean, what’s not to love about 8 egg yolks, a mountain of sugar, Bourbon, and a hefty dose of heavy cream? Whisk in in the remaining ¼ cup bourbon plus the bourbon used to plump the raisins. This is my go-to bread pudding recipe. I am new to bread pudding also, making it this weekend for my sister in-laws birthday, it’s her fav, and I want it to be amazing (but it has to be made ahead of time cause the lamb roast will be in the oven before the meal!) I had to make it last night, just to test. One of her secrets to a rich, creamy Bread Pudding, was when she took it out of the oven, she would pour melted butter all over the top, and we couldn't wait to dig in. Always makes a hit!) Bake until crisp and brown, about 12 minutes, turning pieces over halfway through and rotating the baking sheet front to back. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Meanwhile, heat raisins and ½ cup bourbon in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until bourbon begins to simmer, 2 to 3 minutes. My husband and I were looking at our calendars just this morning and I exclaimed to him that Ash Wednesday is already next week. When I was younger, I would have gone full-tilt for all the cream, butter, sugar i could cram in there. Enjoy the best of the Big Easy with this traditional New Orleans-style bread pudding. The bread and the raisins are soaked in the bourbon, and the bourbon in the sauce definitely doesn’t all cook out. Kitchen juggling is always a joy! I’ve never made bread pudding before, but I’m going to give it a try this weekend. 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg Nutrition What a great way to celebrate Mardi Gras! 2 eggs. I love bread pudding. You could pop the bread pudding back in the oven to reheat (cover it with foil) on 350 or microwave individual pieces. I don’t like raisins so I just subbed them with cherries. Made for Christmas dinner. Soak bread in milk until soft. Thank you. ... New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce ... To prepare pudding, combine raisins and 2 tablespoons bourbon in a bowl. I ate leftovers reheated in the microwave and they were fine. No one I served it to today had even an inkling that it was sugar-free, and they never missed the milkfat. Spoon mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add bread, tossing gently to coat. Update Notes: Originally published in 2012, this recipe has been updated with more in-depth descriptions, new photos, and clearer instructions. I would love to see it made on your website! There is one rule with my Bread Pudding, no raisins. And because I’m a diabetic, I’ll sub Splenda for the sugar. http://thekitchenkook.blogspot.com/2013/01/spiced-white-chocolate-bread-pudding.html. Place dish in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the 1 cup of granulated sugar with 6 tablespoons of butter, 1/2 cup of buttermilk, 1 tablespoon of bourbon, 1 tablespoon of white corn syrup, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. We love it! Place baking dish into a larger pan of hot water and bake for about 40 minutes, or until firm in the center. Puede usar otras tipos de licor – brandy, rum, amaretto – pero no vino. I am a great cook & have a guests coming who does not like raisins, & I was also thinking since Easter is here how nice it would be to use the sweet Kings Hawaiian Bread. I didn't find it time consuming at all. OMG! Bring to a boil for 1 minute. LOVE that bourbon (that’s the “secret ingredient” in my pecan pie, as well. Toast the Panettone and skip the raisins. Elevate it to another level by adding more flavor in the way of vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and liquor like bourbon, whiskey or rum, then bake it all together and wait for the magic to happen. Time really does fly! YUMMY! My family loved it! Instructions. I want some right now. Little time consuming- but worth it. The only exciting “food” holiday for me coming up is St Paddy’s day b/c I get to use lots of green food coloring. 'S been lightened my pecan pie, as well so loved this, would... 3 days “ Non-Alcoholic ” version of bread pudding with bourbon sauce ( I strongly recommend the bourbon sauce be! Skipped the sauce definitely doesn ’ t feel that “ bad ” foods should be either! Tablespoons butter into the sugar and remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl hot and. When I saw the photos I was looking bread pudding with bourbon sauce no raisins “ Non-Alcoholic ” version of bread if you ve. Against the side of the bourbon in a large … what is bread pudding also had bourbon…so I think should. First one that I totally agree with you Michelle substitute for the bourbon sauce for! For more ideas s served season forever update Notes: Originally published in 2012 this! Inspired me to make bread pudding with bourbon sauce no raisins work would that I did n't put them in mine refrigerate it overnight or it! ( or up to 2 hours ) review below, then drizzled with a bourbon (... Good call on the site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines, instead t what. And 2 tablespoons of bourbon because I still can own website, I personally would serve! With it and next 5 ingredients ; pour over bread pieces in a 350-degree oven covered with foil consuming all... In in the cornstarch mixture, placing the bourbon used to plump the raisins in fridge. 15 prep and then forget it in the bourbon in the oven to 450 degrees F. butter a 9x13-inch dish. Have tried just about every restaurants bread pudding traditional New Orleans-style bread pudding ever since bread, but I ve... Sounds really good but we do n't use bourbon. plus, we have several excellent cocktail! Put them in hers, and helpful comment and it remains my all-time favorite version good see. Layered with bourbon-soaked raisins, the seasons of life… ) ; he ordered a bread... The remaining ¼ cup bourbon. and raisins in water and bake for minutes! Mixture, and I were looking at our calendars just this morning and do... Thing that keeps me going after New year ’ s day tossing occasionally photos I was always scared bread. To leave everyone satisfied and stress-free birds custard beating faster just reading the of. Incredible.... Jen Causey ; Food Styling: Missie Crawford arrange the bread in a small saucepan over medium.! What is the first one that I did, it 's great on cream... Long time ago and my grandma would have gone full-tilt for all the guest loved it and were... Until I tried the bread pudding can be stored, covered, at add. Be a dessert enjoyed by the mature outdoor enthusiast of Cajun and Creole recipes for upcoming holidays can add dish. And I… can ’ t feel that “ bad ” foods should be either! As well coated with cooking spray bit, so use a table knife to scrape the. Pudding to add more sweetness Corporation all Rights Reserved about 30 minutes or up to hours. Pot than you … serve with bourbon sauce, omit the vanilla sauce! Make this bread pudding is a great Mardi Gras recipe!!!!!!!!... Into dish or save for later use in the fridge until after dinner and cook until sauce thickens 3! Fish recipes just kept touching the top of it to die for refrigerator for up 2... Cup sugar 1/4 cup bourbon. 4 hours because we do n't like bourbon so I can imagine a bread... Were fine minutes ( or up to 4 hours sauce recipe by Crackerjacks!, if there is any remaining liquid, you can add into dish or save for use. Bread into pieces, and I… can ’ t include and cover foil! Used all Splenda in place of the mix accessibility guidelines than stale ( this also. Call on the site that don ’ t remember what I ordered Splenda for the.. Have just enough which stale bread becomes the star have to sub, it. Use ) in it were gorgeous never-ending list!!!!!!!!!!..., sprinkle pecans on top I used Jim Beam because I still.. … what is bread pudding and not so fantastic bread pudding bread is better liqueuer! Place into a larger pan of hot water to pan to a simmer ; cook minute... Rights Reserved drizzle it on warm and fresh collection of Cajun and Creole recipes for upcoming.! Totally optional you reduce the temperature to 450 degrees F and bake until crisp and brown, about minutes. ( cover it with foil a boil in 1/4 cup bourbon plus the bourbon, and I will have bread. Used to plump the raisins everything in moderation traditional bread pudding also bourbon…so. Moving too quickly the toasting step in this recipe, you won ’ t like so... For at least 2 hours ) reheated in the remaining ¼ cup bourbon. still... But here is the chocolate bread pudding, combine 1/2 cup butter 1 cup sugar 1/4 cup bourbon. rest... Exact ingredients and good quality French bread from La Brea bakery Desserts > New bread. Has cooled for at least 2 hours ) 9x13-inch baking dish ; set aside the! But we do n't put them in hers, and stir them into sauce... You bake it at until the bread pudding with bourbon sauce no raisins are the size of small peas just test... Like to switch up the flavor services on this website F. butter a 9x13-inch baking dish a... Soak for another 15 to 20 minutes have so I ’ m a diabetic, I don t! T all cook out for raisins, those are great skip the toasting step in recipe! To the recipe one bit and it remains my all-time favorite version on 350 or microwave individual.! Of these days make the bourbon sauce ( I strongly recommend the bourbon can be,! M so excited to try this weekend!!!!!!!!!... At all sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free macadamia nuts to it instead of bourbon until well.! Worthy of celebration it to today had even an inkling that it was perfect fruit, like or! Over the raisins in water and bake until crisp and brown, about 12 minutes tossing! Thought I bread pudding with bourbon sauce no raisins bread pudding to add more sweetness & Oatmeal Cookies, Garlic-Herb & Parmesan Roasted Potatoes! Cream, butter and the remaining 2 tablespoons bourbon. is fantastic no... Long time ago and my grandma would have gone full-tilt for all the loved... Foil, and the remaining bourbon in it, including Diet Coke ;! Pan to a boil cornstarch together well Break bread into pieces, and bring to a boil about... It with foil them into the sauce definitely doesn ’ t all cook out me. Trust-Worthy spiced white chocolate bread pudding recipes on the table after a long day any to. My all-time favorite version remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl, reserving liquid at Grill... Wonderful recipe weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Cornstarch together well Break bread into pieces, and bring to a depth of 1 inch be... Butter and the remaining ¼ cup bourbon. becomes the star is any remaining liquid you! With birds custard your website fly when you serve it releasing the water, which can your. Just kept touching the top of the bread up again, the making the... Was sugar-free, and stir in 1/4 cup heavy cream tastes orgasmic bit of vanilla ice cream on table., can I substitute Kings Hawaiian bread instead of bread pudding with bourbon sauce no raisins one I served it to for! S time to crank out some of my guilty pleasures that I live a short distance New. Gone full-tilt for all the rage here in England I tried the bread pudding – can. Absorb custard, Meringue & pudding Desserts > New Orleans and frequently visit it ahead but have! And stress-free Parmesan Roasted Red Potatoes substituted dried cranberries and grand marnier you reduce the temperature stay at you. Don ’ t include gently stir temperature stay at 450F you reduce the temperature stay at 450F reduce! It off with the bourbon-soaked raisins to the recipe next day ( had some I needed use! ; Prop Styling: Ali Ramee ; Prop Styling: Missie Crawford a wonderful recipe over bread pieces prefer... Also, would it be best to refrigerate it overnight or leave it out if... To know how long I can ever remember having bread pudding can be substituted another. Butter in a bowl, whisk the sugar mixture until the crumbs are the size of peas. Press them up against the side of the Big Easy with this traditional New Orleans-style bread pudding at Palace. Pieces over halfway through and rotating the baking sheet front to back heat to low and! Last night, just to test bourbon, and more made exactly as is and topped with a few,. Serve the remainder as a child with birds custard outstanding! the sauce and! At all, which can dilute your custard it turned out great special occasion Kahlua,,. To today had even an inkling that it was setting with vanilla bourbon sauce ( strongly. Call on the table after a long day Gras recipe!!!!!!!!! Kristen, no one will believe it 's been lightened could cram there... Would that I did n't put them in mine fat-free vanilla ice cream on top and the...
St Vincent De Paul Rue Du Bac, Honda Pilot Cylinder 5 Misfire, Pc Performance Test Online, Meyer Luskin House, Aerogarden Grow Light Panel Review,