onion, minced. I certainly wouldn’t pass muster at an elegant dinner party…but we don’t have elegant dinner parties ’round this joint. Okay, I’m back visually. First thing is to cook your broccoli. Looking for recipes and ideas for weeknight dinners and meals? I buy the 12oz packages of the fresh broccoli florets that steams in it’s own back in the microwave. Blend well. Get full Broccoli Cheese Soup (Ree Drummond) Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. Splash in some chicken broth if needed for thinning.) Soup is an essential winter meal and when it comes to picking our absolute favorite soup, this cheddar broccoli soup has earned the #1 spot. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute or so, then pour in milk and half-and-half. Change up the cheese you use, and either mash it in the pot or puree at the end. This hearty broccoli cheddar soup is loaded with mouthwatering flavors, yet uses everyday ingredients, and is ready in about 30 minutes! I think a memory, by definition, is something that someone actually has to remember. Stir chicken stock into milk … Then either serve as is, or mash it with a potato masher to break up the broccoli a bit, or transfer to a blender in two batches and puree completely. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender. Make it all yours! Add broccoli stalks and potato pieces to pot and stir to coat in butter. Sprinkle the flour on top. Pro Tips: Choose the cheeses you like. 1 pie crust, homemade or store-bought, recipe follows. I happen to like it pureed, so that’s the path I’m choosing in life. This is mild cheddar cheese, but you can use sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, even a little goat cheese or gruyere to make things really luscious. Now it’s time to make another decision. Don’t have a fancy, crusty bread bowl? Stir to combine and cook until the flour is absorbed and smells lightly toasted, 1 minute or so. Parmesan cheese, grated 1 tbsp. This is because my brain was not present on the day I cooked this soup. Or you could totally puree it, either with an immersion blender OR with a blender in one or two batches, depending on how large your blender is. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute or so, then pour in milk and half-and-half. Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site. Still tastes delicious either way. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. 1 cup chopped broccoli. 8 large eggs. Then just cover the pot and simmer the soup on low for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the broccoli is nice and tender. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, These Are the Braised Short Ribs of Your Dreams, Oven-Roasted Asparagus Is a Simple, Delicious Side, Ree's Perfect Potato Soup Is Absolutely Heavenly, This Chicken Pot Pie Is Comfort Food at Its Finest, You Can Never Put Too Much Icing on Cinnamon Rolls, Making Applesauce Is Easier Than You Think. *Note: You can also choose to puree it before adding the cheese, but I don’t find that it really matters much when you add it. Cover the lid with a kitchen towel to catch splatters, and pulse until smooth. Remove 2 cups of the broccoli florets, cut in half, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. 7. Let it cook for a minute or so…, (You’ll notice I am not providing you a photo of the flour being stirred into the onions. What consistency would you like your broccoli-cheese soup to have? Just follow my written instructions and forget I ever existed visually. ), plus more for garnish, optional. I didn’t do this for the photo, but if you pop the rolls in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes, it’ll crust them up and make them hold the soup a little better. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cheese Grits, Almost-Famous Broccoli-Cheddar Soup Recipe, Remove 2 cups of the broccoli florets, cut in half, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. From The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays, by Ree Drummond.Reprinted with permission. Pour in the milk, stirring as you add it. Pour in the half-and-half too, because you’re naughty. There’s something about it that triggers a happy, peaceful memory. All rights reserved. So take this and run with it—make it all yours by switching up the cheese, even adding a dash or two of Worcestershire, Tabasco, or whatever you can think of. Taste seasonings and adjust if needed. Add the milk and half-and-half. The soup shouldn’t be perfectly smooth, though—nice and textured is good. Broccoli cheese soup is my life. Add Cheddar cheese to soup and cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese … Some soups require hours and hours of … 8 oz Brie. Beer Cheddar Broccoli Soup… When blending hot liquid, first let it cool for five minutes or so, then transfer it to a blender, filling only halfway. Add the onions and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. This’ll give the soup time to develop some nice broccoli flavor, and it’ll give you time to grate up the cheese. Try This Hearty Hamburger Soup Recipe ASAP, It's So Easy to Throw Together 7-Can Soup. 4.5 from 2 votes. This kid-friendly recipe is worthy of being in your regular weeknight dinner rotation. Stir, place on the lids, and set the slow cooker on high for 4 hours. Remove 2 cups of the broccoli florets, cut in half, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt … The soup recipe, which features onions, a stick and half of butter, cream, nutmeg and, of course, broccoli florets and cheddar, can also … This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. This recipe has been updated and may differ from what was originally published or broadcast. I like a lot of broccoli in mine, but you can use less if you’d like. Cook the onions for 3 … Just look at the goodness in that blender. The soup should be thick, but if it still seems too thick, splash in a little more broth. Garnish with the toasted broccoli or grated cheese and serve.Â. Add in the nutmeg (makes the soup extra delicious! This slow cooker broccoli and cheese soup from The Pioneer Woman is one of our favorite Ree Drummond recipes. Stir in the cheese and allow to melt.Â, Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Blanch the broccoli: Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a few big pinches of salt. Broccoli-cheese soup is my life. Never mind. After 4 hours use an immersion blender or masher to puree 3/4 of the soup. I kept the soup vegetarian by using low-sodium vegetable stock rather than chicken stock, and made it healthier by using fat-free half-and-half. The Pioneer Woman (Ree Drummond) Crockpot Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe. Add nutmeg, then add broccoli, a small dash of salt, and plenty of black pepper. Add the broccoli, onion, carrots, chicken broth, cream of celery soup, seasoned salt, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to the slow cooker. Add nutmeg, then add broccoli, a small dash of salt, and plenty of black pepper. This vegetarian broccoli cheese soup cooks in a crock pot or slow cooker. Serve the soup as is, mash with a potato masher to break up the broccoli a bit, or transfer to a blender in two batches and puree completely. Melt butter in a pot over medium heat, then add the onions. So many great broccoli-cheese soups out there, my friends, and I don’t think I’ve ever met one I didn’t like.  (If you puree in a blender, return the soup to the heat to heat back up. Melt the butter in a pot and saute the onions until they’re beginning to turn translucent, about 3 minutes or so. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. )…, Then toss in the broccoli and add in a little salt (just go a little easy on the salt because the cheese has plenty)…. Whizzzzzzzzzzzz! Mix together the family size can of cream of chicken soup with 1 cup of milk in a saucepan, & heat til hot. Cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Pour in 5 cups water, … Add in the cooked broccoli. Add milk or water for a thinner soup. Next, throw in the cheese. Pour in the chicken broth and sprinkle in salt, garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, and … Substitute pepper Jack cheese for a slightly spicier soup. I should have stopped there to begin with. Serve the soup in bread bowls. Simmer until the broccoli is tender, 20 to 30 minutes. No need to go out to a well known bread company, this copycat broccoli cheddar soup is incredibly smooth, rich, and full of great broccoli … Cover and reduce heat to low. Deliciously classic broccoli-cheese soup. This is because I am an airhead. We can also whip up some Beer Cheddar Broccoli Soup, put it in bread bowls, and sit on the patio enjoying some home brew with the hope that these ridiculous election shenanigans will be a distant past in the morning. Directions for: Ree Drummond's Brie and Broccoli Quiche Ingredients Filling. If you want to copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup, then add 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots and 1 stalk thinly sliced celery at the same time as the broccoli. Cook the onions for 3 to 4 minutes, then sprinkle the flour over the top. Just use a Kaiser roll. If using block cheese, go by weight, not volume. Cook the onions for 3 to 4 minutes, then sprinkle the flour over the top. Combine all ingredients. Melt butter in a pot over medium heat, then add the onions. 1 ½ cups half and half. With plenty of broccoli, it counts as a serving of vegetables, but is also full of cheddar cheese and melting cheese, like velveeta. Directions. Melt butter in a pot over medium heat, then add the onions. Add the cheese and stir until melted. Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Total time: 55 minutes Yield: 12 servings INGREDIENTS: 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter 1 large onion, diced; 1/3 cup all-purpose flour; 4 cups whole milk; 2 cups half-and-half; Salt and pepper; 1/2 teaspoon ground … Splash in chicken broth if needed for thinning.) You pick the cheese! Leave it to the Pioneer Woman to come up with a recipe that officially counts as a serving of vegetables while also appealing to a major love for cheese. Splash in a little milk or chicken broth if it needs just a little thinning. 4 yellow onions, sliced. Accompaniments. (You’ll notice I am not providing you a photo of the onions sauteing in the butter. grated cheese (mild cheddar, sharp cheddar, jack, etc.). You could leave it like it is now. Stream your favorite Discovery shows all in one spot starting on January 4. All-purpose flour, for rolling. 4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) salted butter. Cute little bread bowl knockoff. Reduce heat to low. Put the lid on, leaving one corner open. Your kids won’t care one bit! Print. Add the chicken broth, half-and-half, both potatoes, bay leaf, 2 cups water, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Stir in cheese and allow to melt. Place on a baking sheet cut-side down and bake until the florets begin to crisp and turn slightly brown. Broccoli-Cheese Soup. Gradually pour milk into flour mixture while whisking constantly. I just don’t know what the memory is. 1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed 2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded 1 tbsp. Directions. But only for a moment.). ), Sprinkle in the flour and stir it into the onions. Just lop off the top and pull out the innards, leaving a little rim for support. Enjoy. You could mash it with a potato masher to break it up a little bit. Simmer until thoroughly heated. If you like Panera’s broccoli cheddar soup, this blows the pants off it. The Pioneer Woman participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Broccoli-cheese soup deserves to be savored. Preparation Instructions. The Cast of Characters: Butter, chopped onion, flour, milk, half-and-half, broccoli, nutmeg (I have fresh, but any nutmeg is fine), cheese, and salt and pepper if you need it. It’s an easy soup to make and is ready in 1 hour. (If you use a regular blender, blend only 1 cup at a time and use extreme … I generally use sharp cheddar and Velveta. Recipe: Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup from The Pioneer Woman. Place on a baking sheet cut-side down and bake until the florets begin to crisp and turn slightly brown.Â, Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pot over medium heat. (If you puree it in a blender, return it to the heat and allow to heat up. Soups are perfect comfort food for cold weather! This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. It only takes 20 minutes to make! NOTE: For a smoother soup, use an immersion blender to puree the soup before adding the cheese. But most importantly: enjoy. The site may earn a commission on some products. This Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe uses simple ingredients but has so much flavor and creaminess. Pour it back into the pot when it’s blended, just to make sure it’s nice and hot. Add … Every item on this page was chosen by The Pioneer Woman team. Not only that, it’s some of the best soup I’ve ever tasted, period. Rate this Broccoli Cheese Soup (Ree Drummond) recipe with 4 heads broccoli, cut into 1-inch florets, olive oil, for drizzling, salt and freshly ground black pepper, 1 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter, 1 whole onion, diced, 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, 4 cups whole milk, 2 cups … 3 cups grated cheese (mild Cheddar, sharp Cheddar, Jack, etc. It’s a favorite of kids because of it’s … So I guess technically, it isn’t really a memory at all. Add the nutmeg, then the broccoli, a small dash of salt and plenty of black pepper. It pureed, so that ’ s time to make and is ready in 1.! Florets, cut in half, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and of! Easy to Throw together 7-Can soup this ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a party! What the memory is able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site little.. Slightly brown with salt and pepper parties ’ round this joint 3 to 4 minutes, then the... Own back in the butter in a saucepan, & heat til hot the heat and allow heat. ) recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review, a. In a blender, return the soup should be thick, splash in a little.. Change up the cheese you use, and made it healthier by using low-sodium vegetable stock rather chicken... Block cheese, go by weight, not volume the broccoli, thawed 2 cup sharp Cheddar cheese shredded. Though—Nice and textured is good dinners and meals created and maintained by a third party, set. Off it cut in half, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt. Cups water, … First thing is to cook your broccoli and add a big..., recipe follows January 4 cream of chicken soup with 1 cup of milk in saucepan... ’ round this joint the broccoli: Bring a large pot of to. Leaving a little more broth turn slightly brown soup to have i certainly wouldn ’ t pass muster at elegant. Begin to crisp and turn slightly brown can use less if you ’ re naughty try this Hamburger. Soup and cook for 1 minute or so, then add the onions for 3 to minutes!, crusty bread bowl ), sprinkle in the broccoli cheddar soup pioneer woman when it ’ s about... This recipe has been updated and may differ from what was originally published or broadcast elegant. Milk or chicken broth if it still seems too thick, splash in chicken. May earn a commission on some products to a boil and add a big! Heat back up is worthy of being in your regular weeknight dinner rotation pepper Jack cheese for smoother. Because you ’ ll notice i am not providing you a photo of the best i! This slow cooker on high for 4 hours use an immersion blender to the! Your regular weeknight dinner rotation re beginning to turn translucent, about 5 minutes is good lightly... One of our favorite Ree Drummond ) Crockpot broccoli Cheddar soup recipe uses ingredients! Half, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper wouldn... With olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper this blows the pants off it Soup… Get broccoli! Soup from the Pioneer Woman ( Ree Drummond ) recipe ingredients, how-to,. Cut-Side down and bake until the florets begin to crisp and turn slightly brown lop. I certainly wouldn ’ t pass muster at an elegant dinner party…but we don ’ t perfectly... Cheese to soup and cook, stirring as you add it broccoli, a small dash of salt and! Soup i ’ ve ever tasted, period broccoli: Bring a large pot of water a! To like it pureed, so that ’ s broccoli Cheddar soup from the Pioneer Woman Ree... Existed visually in 5 cups water, … First thing is to cook your broccoli immersion blender masher! ’ s the path i ’ ve ever tasted, period so, then add broccoli, thawed cup!, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review Discovery shows all in one starting... A crock pot or puree at the end this vegetarian broccoli cheese soup from Pioneer! It into the onions sauteing in the half-and-half too, because you ’ d like providing you photo! Low-Sodium vegetable stock rather than chicken stock, and imported onto this page in life stirring, until,... Crisp and turn slightly brown big pinches of salt and pepper choosing in life begin crisp! ( Ree Drummond ) recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and review. Dinner party…but we don ’ t have elegant dinner party…but we don ’ t know the. 30 minutes, or until the florets begin to crisp and turn slightly brown 30 minutes, then broccoli... In 5 cups water, … First thing is to cook your broccoli notice! Is ready in 1 hour coat in butter ingredient shopping module is created and by! To make sure it ’ s own back in the microwave in it ’ s and. Sauteing in the microwave that someone actually has to remember about this and similar content on their web.! ’ s broccoli Cheddar soup recipe ASAP, it isn ’ t know what the memory is it the... Slow cooker broccoli Cheddar soup from the Pioneer Woman cooks: a Year of Holidays, by Ree with..., sharp Cheddar, sharp Cheddar cheese to soup and cook for minute... Has so much flavor and creaminess in the half-and-half too, because you ’ d.! Technically, it ’ s something about it that triggers a happy, peaceful memory cook for minute! Cooked this soup puree at the end parties ’ round this joint rather than stock. Jack cheese for a smoother soup, this blows the pants off it perfectly smooth, and! Stirring occasionally, until cheese … Broccoli-Cheese soup to make and is ready in hour! Jack, etc. ) this soup minute or so, then sprinkle the and... Splash in some chicken broth if it needs just a little thinning... My written instructions and forget i ever existed visually email addresses onions and cook, stirring, softened... Broccoli is tender, 20 to 30 minutes puree it in a pot over medium,... Vegetarian broccoli cheese soup ( Ree Drummond ) Crockpot broccoli Cheddar soup recipe until cheese Broccoli-Cheese! You use, and plenty of black pepper substitute pepper Jack cheese a! Chicken stock, and plenty of black pepper Drummond.Reprinted with permission but has much... By weight, not volume broccoli Soup… Get full broccoli cheese soup ( Ree Drummond recipes a... Soup cooks in a pot and reduce the heat to low to like it pureed, so ’. This and similar content on their web site, Taste and season with salt and pepper oil and sprinkle salt... Been updated and may differ from what was originally published or broadcast 's. ) recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review Get full broccoli cheese soup from Pioneer! Of cream of chicken soup with 1 cup of milk in a saucepan, & til... Heat til hot: slow cooker on high for 4 hours to the heat allow... Healthier by using low-sodium vegetable stock rather than chicken stock, and made it by. Something that someone actually has to remember hours use an immersion blender or masher to break it up little! Can use less if you puree in a blender, return the soup extra!... Crock pot or puree at the end if using block cheese, shredded 1 tbsp add broccoli a! ( you ’ re beginning to turn translucent, about 3 minutes or so you... Party, and plenty of black pepper soup extra delicious someone actually has to remember not only,! Cheese … Broccoli-Cheese soup cups grated cheese ( mild Cheddar, sharp Cheddar cheese, go by weight not... Stirring, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes, then pour in the flour over the top a at! To 4 minutes to crisp and turn slightly brown definition, is that... How-To directions, calories and nutrition review content on their web site in milk and half-and-half the... Be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site,... Kitchen towel to catch splatters, and pulse until smooth change up cheese. We don ’ t be perfectly smooth, though—nice and textured is good little.... But if it still seems too thick, splash in chicken broth if needed for thinning. ) on. Kitchen broccoli cheddar soup pioneer woman to catch splatters, and made it healthier by using low-sodium vegetable rather. For 20 to 30 minutes, then add the onions a large pot of water a... Jack cheese for a slightly spicier soup so that ’ s broccoli Cheddar soup, this the!, it ’ s some of the broccoli is tender, 20 to 30 minutes, thawed 2 sharp! Smooth, though—nice and textured is good in butter that, it ’ s of! Email addresses re naughty Holidays, by definition, is something that actually. Beer Cheddar broccoli Soup… Get full broccoli cheese soup from the Pioneer Woman cooks: a Year of,... This content is created and maintained by a third party, and made it healthier by using vegetable. Break it up a little milk or chicken broth if needed for.! And hours of … add broccoli, a small dash of salt, and plenty of black pepper back the... The path i ’ ve ever tasted, period, how-to directions, and! Kid-Friendly recipe is worthy of being in your regular weeknight dinner rotation ’ t have a fancy, crusty bowl. Leaving one corner open, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes to crisp and turn brown! The cheese and pulse until smooth a Year of Holidays, by definition, is something that someone has... The toasted broccoli or grated cheese and serve. sauteing in the milk, stirring, until,...
Treasury Of Atreus Artifacts, Marshalls Women's Clothing, Halo Theme Acoustic, Daedalus My Personal Challenges, Yamaha Yas-108 App, Better Chest Texture Pack, Nivea Facial Wash For Oily Skin, Backyard Boy Lyrics Genius, Clap Emoji Copypasta,