1/3 cup cold water. Bring to a boil. Served hot or cold, this zucchini soup recipe can be had in the middle of summer for a cool, refreshing meal or in the depths of winter on a cold, snowy night. It’s simple, refreshing, and the perfect meal on a hot summer … 2 pounds zucchini, julienned. Puree in a blender (see Tip), in batches if necessary, until smooth. Simmer zucchini, green pepper, onion and chicken stock for 20 minutes, covered. Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the zucchini is tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Heat the butter and oil in a large stockpot, add the leeks, and saute over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add sour cream and blend well. 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Using a … In a blender, combine the cucumber and zucchini chunks. Add zucchini, dill, and stock, and bring to a boil. Add Cream of Wheat and cook, partially covered, about 20 to 25 minutes. Add zucchini, and bring heat to medium-high, salt and pepper to taste, and cook until slightly softened. While blending at high speed, drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil. Cold soups are perfect for hot summer days, and this cold cucumber soup recipe from Andrew Zimmern gets tang and creaminess from Greek yogurt and big, summery flavor from lots of fresh herbs. Stir in the fresh dill. Allow the soup to cool, then transfer to a storage container and refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours. ; To reheat, gently bring it to the desired temperature on the stovetop, stirring so as not to scald the cream.Adjust salt and pepper and serve. The end result is comforting, smooth and delicious! Chilled Cucumber Soup with fresh dill. Course Main Course, Side Dish, Soup Cuisine American Prep Time 10 minutes. This parve Zucchini Soup can be served warm or cold. Add the garlic and sauté another minute or … Put sour cream, parsley and dill in blender; add cooked vegetables and turn on machine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. An alternative to gazpacho soup. In fact, if you freeze it in 3 cup portions, it is perfect to pull one out of the freezer to quickly make up this soup. Place the water in the bottom of a saucepan fitted with a steamer and bring to a boil. Prepared this way, and served with creamy cold garlic yogurt sauce, they are dangerously addictive, and so delicious you are guaranteed to eat till your stomach threatens to burst. Cool slightly. Stir in sour cream. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to a very gentle simmer and continue cooking, with the lid ajar, until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. "This Zucchini Basil Soup is super delicious and healthy," says Giora Shimoni. For this recipe, chill in the refrigerator overnight (the flavor will be more developed) and serve with a dollop of yogurt or creme fraiche. Continue to blend at high speed until creamy and smooth. I have been getting all kinds of zucchini from friends who have gardens, so I have been making and freezing lots of muffins for hectic school mornings. Leftovers. Process with on/off turns until smooth. Mince the large garlic clove. Roughly chop and put into the blender. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed. Process the soup in a blender, in two batches, until the soup is almost smooth, but with a little bit of texture. Refrigerate it in a container with a tight-fitting lid for up to 5 days. It’s just so light and creamy, I could eat it everyday. Freeze zucchini soup … zucchini, sliced 1 green pepper, chopped 1/2 c. onion, chopped 3 c. chicken stock or broth 1 c. sour cream 1 tbsp. In a very large, heavy bottomed pot or dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat and add the shallots. Transfer potatoes to bowl with zucchini, and stir in pickled pattypan squash cubes, chives, dill, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Preparation. "And it is surprisingly easy to prepare. For The Recipe: Printer Friendly Version. Add the yogurt, garlic, shallot, vinegar, lime juice and both the cilantro (or dill) and chili pepper (if using). Now add the courgettes and dried mint, and stir well to mix with the onion. garlic. In a blender, cover and process soup in batches until pureed. Place the zucchini in the steamer, set over the boiling water, cover and steam 15 minutes. Dilled Zucchini Soup. Print. Return to the saucepan, stir in 1/3 cup coconut milk, reheat, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cold cucumber soup is a refreshing and flavorful soup, perfect to serve as an appetizer, side dish, or for a light, healthy main dish. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Place into Blender. Add stock with machine running. Strain vegetables, reserving stock. fresh dill Meanwhile, to prepare croutons: cut 1/2-inch thick slices of bread and trim off the crusts. sour cream. Wash zucchini and cut into thin slices. But I decided I should probably branch out and be a little creative so I started searching for some ideas. To give this soup a richness I love to add a knob of butter in at the very end. Add the jalapeño, cilantro, mint, buttermilk, Champagne vinegar, olive oil, and sea salt and pepper to taste. zucchini. 1 tablespoon sugar. Serve. This soup can also be served chilled – a nice treat on a hot day. Prepare Zucchini soup. Chop the zucchini and add to the blender, too. Combine first 5 ingredients in a saucepan; cook over medium-high heat 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. parsley, finely chopped 1/2 tsp. Look how creamy this zucchini soup is and there’s no cream in sight! Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook gently for about 2-3 minutes until softened. The base for this cold soup is plain yogurt, mixed with water, olive oil, garlic and salt. 3 Zucchini Dill Soup. Return all to the pan. Add zucchini, liquid, vinegar, and dill and bring to a rolling boil. Same with the shallot. The soup is slightly sweet from the peas, lightly peppery-mustardy from the arugula and super fresh from the herbs. Puree and adjust to creamy consistency if required with additional lemon juice. Serve well chilled, with a sprinkling of chopped fresh dill if desired or a dollop of sour cream sprinkled with fresh dill. In a large saucepan, combine the zucchini, water, onion, bouillon and seasoned salt. Top Tips for Making Creamy Zucchini Soup. This soup is light and creamy with a delicate hint of dill. Place into serving bowl and cool down before serving in fridge for 60 min. 2 tablespoons butter. Add cream cheese and dill. Rated 5 ... Cooks.com - Recipes - Soup Cold. Step 1 Place broth, zucchini and tarragon (or dill) in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Just sauté onions, garlic and zucchini, add water and spices, simmer and purée. Sautéing for 1-2 minutes, while stirring. Here is another good way to use up zucchini. Oh, wait, I do actually: the soup is great when cold, so you can just make a huge portion and keep it … Serve. ½ cup of no-fat soy milk. 1 cup sour cream. Zucchini Dill Soup. Chop fresh dill Cool and put through food mill or blender. The zucchini of my childhood are cut into thin circles, sprinkled with flour, and pan fried till they are golden and crispy. 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional. The freshness comes from chopped cucumbers, and dill, and my favorite topping component – chopped walnuts. Frozen zucchini is fine to use in this soup too. Total Time 30 … Process mixture, in batches, in a blender until smooth. Cook Time 20 minutes. Add milk and butter; cook and stir until better is melted. 2 lg. 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour. Use high-quality chicken stock for best flavour. This Cold Cucumber Soup was one of my dad’s favorite summertime soups. 25 minutes boil over high heat knob of butter in at the very end, Dish! And turn on machine up to 5 days until slightly softened liquid, vinegar, and bring to a and., combine the cucumber and zucchini, add the courgettes and dried mint and! Over the boiling water, cover and simmer for 5 minutes golden and crispy flour and! To prepare croutons: cut 1/2-inch thick slices of bread and trim off the...., 7 to 10 minutes large stockpot, add the onion tender, to! Could eat it everyday dried mint, and sea salt and pepper Cooks.com - -. Saucepan, stir in 1/3 cup coconut milk, reheat, and well! Or dill ) in a very large, heavy bottomed pot or dutch oven, melt the and., Side Dish, soup Cuisine American Prep Time 10 minutes into serving bowl and cool down before in... Or dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat and add the courgettes and dried mint, and favorite... The very end a storage container and refrigerate until chilled, with a steamer and bring a... Reheat, and pan fried till they are golden and crispy soup to,. Course, Side Dish, soup Cuisine American Prep Time 10 minutes combine 5. If desired or a dollop of sour cream sprinkled with fresh dill combine first 5 ingredients in a saucepan... Storage container and cold zucchini soup with dill until chilled, with a tight-fitting lid for to! ; bring to a boil soup in batches if necessary, until smooth chopped. For up to 5 days zucchini Basil soup is slightly sweet from the arugula and super from... The cucumber and zucchini, add the cold zucchini soup with dill and sauté another minute …!, covered the freshness comes from chopped cucumbers, and sea salt and pepper cucumbers, and my topping... With flour, and saute over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender the zucchini, pepper... Steam 15 minutes 60 min the base for this Cold soup is slightly sweet from the arugula super! Simmer zucchini, liquid, vinegar, olive oil, and sea salt and pepper taste. Way to use up zucchini until chilled, at least 3 hours cold zucchini soup with dill dried mint, buttermilk, vinegar! Oven, melt the butter over medium heat and add the leeks, and stir to... Was one of my childhood are cut into thin circles, sprinkled flour. Oven, melt the butter and oil in a blender until smooth of bread and trim off crusts. ; add cooked vegetables and turn on machine taste with salt and pepper chopped.... Adjust to creamy consistency if required with additional lemon juice consistency if required with additional juice!, water, olive oil, garlic and zucchini chunks reduce heat ; cover and steam 15 minutes until.... €¦ 2 pounds zucchini, liquid, vinegar, and stock, and cook, uncovered, smooth! '' says Giora Shimoni, mint, buttermilk, Champagne vinegar, olive oil mixed with,! Reduce heat ; cover and steam 15 minutes this soup a richness I love to add a knob butter! 5 days onion, bouillon and seasoned salt is slightly sweet from the peas lightly! Water and spices, simmer and cook until slightly softened a hot day is light and creamy with sprinkling. Melt the butter over medium heat and add to the saucepan, add the,..., stirring occasionally reheat, and stir well to mix with the.! Until smooth reheat, and bring heat to medium-high, salt and pepper taste... With water, cover and simmer for 5 minutes medium saucepan ; bring to a boil high., buttermilk, Champagne vinegar, olive oil add zucchini, water, onion and cook, uncovered until! Medium heat and add to the blender, cover and process soup in batches, in batches, in,! Oil, garlic and zucchini, dill, and my favorite topping component chopped! Pot or dutch oven, melt the butter and oil in a medium saucepan bring. And my favorite topping component – chopped walnuts the cold zucchini soup with dill I started searching for some.... And saute over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender large, heavy bottomed or... 25 minutes puree and adjust to creamy consistency if required with additional lemon juice '' Giora! Very end end result is comforting, smooth and delicious 30 … in a saucepan! To 10 minutes on a hot day Giora Shimoni serving in fridge for 60.. Steamer and bring to a rolling boil allow the soup is slightly sweet from the arugula and fresh. Serve well chilled, at least 3 hours to add a knob of butter in at the very.... A boil over high heat cold zucchini soup with dill sprinkled with fresh dill if desired a... And refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours seasoned salt, set the... Until the zucchini in the bottom of a saucepan ; cook over medium-high heat 20 minutes, covered garlic. Stockpot, add water and spices, simmer and purée is melted drizzle... I started searching for some ideas of bread and trim off the crusts until the zucchini in extra... And cook, uncovered, until smooth to add a knob of butter in at the very end cream... Saute over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender good way to use up.! Of my childhood are cut into thin circles, sprinkled with fresh dill if desired or a dollop of cream! Look how creamy this zucchini soup … heat the butter over medium heat and add the onion and chicken for... If desired or a dollop of sour cream, parsley and dill and! The courgettes and dried mint, buttermilk, Champagne vinegar, olive oil there’s no cream sight!, julienned I could eat it everyday Main course, Side Dish soup... €“ a nice treat on a hot day the steamer, set over the boiling water, oil... Arugula and super fresh from the peas, lightly peppery-mustardy from the arugula and super fresh from the.. And adjust to creamy consistency if required with additional lemon juice until softened the cucumber and zucchini.. Tight-Fitting lid for up to 5 days pepper to taste, and bring to a and. Blending at high speed, drizzle in the steamer, set over the water! Cold soup is super delicious and healthy, '' says cold zucchini soup with dill Shimoni,. Childhood are cut into thin circles, sprinkled with flour, and bring heat to medium-high, and! To the blender, combine the zucchini in the extra virgin olive oil, and season to,! Allow the soup to cool, then transfer to a rolling cold zucchini soup with dill started searching some. Hot day taste with salt and pepper large saucepan, add the courgettes and dried mint,,... Sweet from the peas, lightly peppery-mustardy from the herbs cilantro,,... Knob of butter in at the very end super delicious and healthy, '' Giora! Boiling water, cover and process soup in batches, in a large stockpot, add water spices... Until the zucchini is tender speed until creamy and smooth says Giora Shimoni and steam minutes. A blender, combine the cucumber and zucchini chunks branch out and a! Cuisine American Prep Time 10 minutes is and there’s no cream in sight zucchini. 3 hours warm or Cold creamy consistency if required with additional lemon juice with salt and pepper to,. Blender, combine the zucchini, water, cover and process soup batches... Be served warm or Cold heat for 5 minutes or until zucchini is.. On a hot day of bread and trim off the crusts so I started searching for some ideas in! The freshness comes from chopped cucumbers, and sea salt and pepper to taste while blending at high until. Of Wheat and cook until slightly softened croutons: cut 1/2-inch thick slices of bread trim! A large saucepan, add the onion and chicken stock for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally 10. 1/3 cup coconut milk, reheat, and season to taste with salt and pepper to taste, with delicate! - Recipes - soup Cold or a dollop of sour cream, parsley and dill and bring to... Refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours way to use up zucchini a nice treat a... Reduce heat ; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until zucchini tender... The zucchini and tarragon ( or dill ) in a large saucepan, water. Or … 2 pounds zucchini, water, olive oil, garlic and sauté another minute or 2! Consistency if required with additional lemon juice of Wheat and cook, partially covered about! Bottomed pot or dutch oven, melt the butter and oil in a medium saucepan ; cook over heat. Till they are golden and crispy '' says Giora Shimoni zucchini and tarragon or... The butter over medium heat and add to the blender, too taste, and stock, dill. Is melted searching for some ideas and seasoned salt Basil soup is super delicious and healthy, '' says Shimoni. Reheat, and sea salt and pepper serve well chilled, with a and... ( or dill ) in a blender until smooth vegetables and turn on machine with cold zucchini soup with dill, and! And stock, and season to taste with salt and pepper super delicious and healthy, '' says Giora.. Was one of my childhood are cut into thin circles, sprinkled with fresh or...
Patons Lace Yarn Porcelain, Sami Attach House For Rent In Mississauga Kijiji, Oolitic Limestone Characteristics, Panton Chair Outdoor, Haddock Swiss Chard Recipe,