Appeals. 312 0 obj <> endobj 141. ɤ�|�Xκ���,��M/�AR��U�Z�3ɼ6�!қ���}z�C��B����h)LG(>�K/��Mx��q+E��"K��e�=���[���r�5S�O��n�y��aU�?��1/�'�]�*>P��Ѽ�\�,�UU� 4. AN ACT FOR THE CONSTITUTION OF MAGISTRATES' COURTS, FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF MAGISTRATES AND OTHER OFFICERS THEREOF AND OF JUSTICES OF THE PEACE, AND FOR THE REGULATION OF THEIR DUTIES AND JURISDICTION. Execution of orders of High Court, magistrates' courts or other customary courts. (1) There shall be a Court of Appeal for Botswana which shall have suchjurisdiction and powers as may be conferred on it by this Constitution or anyother law. Refusal of bail from the uncertain issue of act committed 109 . (hGS�~d ��|߶��NZTd��y���L11ؔPl)�9�|�!����}�o����icNnC��.���1��Qd�RX׫и��q� (��j�%�(�{�FGUk�a%A�1�Ў;)�҇�?����Sn���%Y���{�B�q+��|���� Chief registrar and registrar. Place of sitting. If any magistrate court by action of its chief magistrate proposes to prevent any local rule from expiring pursuant to Rule 1.1 then a proposal to prevent the local rule from expiring must be presented to the Supreme Court … All local rules of the magistrate courts shall expire effective January 1, 1996. �tq�X)I)B>==���� �ȉ��9. They are created by statute, the Magistrate’s Courts Act, as subordinate courts and are supervised by the High Court, through various powers. <> 17 0 obj 9. THE MAGISTRATES' COURTS ACT An Act to provide for the jurisdiction, powers and functions of magistrates' courts and for other related matters. [Ch0000s5] 5. 67, 2003, Act 30, 2004, S.I. 2. 95, 2004, S.I. Short title. Supervisory powers by Chief. 39. 42. More like this. �� 8E#�v��v��yz7Y � ͉݀W�t���8=� )ɩL^6 �g�,qm�"[�Z[Z��~Q����7%��"� Act 6, 1995, Act 12, 1999, S.I. The High Court and Court of Appeal as ‘superior courts of record’ (Constitution- section 95) are enjoined to apply customary law in cases and proceedings in which customary law is the proper law to apply. Supplement C — Botswana Government Extraordinary Gazette dated 12th January, 2011 C.1 Statutory Instrument No. in which an inquest is held or to be held under this Act; “regional magistrate” means a magistrate appointed under section 9 of the Magistrates Courts ’ Act, 1944 (Act 32 of 1944), to the court for a regional division; and “this Act” includes regulations made under section 25. Magistrate to determine whether the offence is bailable 108 . 44. [Date of Commencement: 9th February, 1973] [Ch2906s1] 1. 'court' means a magistrate's court for any district or for any regional division; [Definition of 'court' substituted by s. 1 of Act 31 of 2008 .] Civil proceedings to be commenced by claim. �-r�;�V�TjsVU"�m��-z�m�>�*�@\�N�u�g�} !�"a��.y�&��Mr�MOl= G���9 xXk��X.ӏ(xO@�Z��53�1�����}{�7|&��Kk�%]���˵��ݐ~U�����]o�3�D�G�]Q��6A��8z���_ie��h����g��� `��a6�+�N��wt�endstream 12. officer shall in all courts of law and public offices within Botswana be prima facie evidence of the particulars set forth therein. Download: MAGISTRATES COURT ACT.pdf. 46. 2. 3. S.30 of the Magistrate’s Court Act lists matters that Magistrate’s Courts have no power to hear. H��WMo7��W�V�r��ܣ⨉ 1 of 2011 HIGH COURT ACT (Cap. MAGISTRATES’ COURTS ACT ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS PART I – PRELIMINARY Section 1. 'court of appeal' means the High Court … IN CASES TRIED BY MAGISTRATES' COURTS 111 . s,�Ǥ�lR���w嶅��n�Ī���,�J�f�4���n7(��@�t���L�"Y]� �=%[&�%����U�&��. 328 0 obj <>stream Magistrates’ Courts Amendment Act 6 of 2009 (GG 4308) came into force on date of publication: 30 July 2009 . 2724 140. 5 0 obj Action that may be commenced in Lagos State. When case is pending. 13.2 Whether or not service has been or will be 13.3 effected. Short title . endstream endobj startxref Act 14, 2005, Act 4, 2009. 2 July 1945 (Government Gazette 3497, 1 June 1945) Amendments. hޜ�wTT��Ͻwz��0�z�.0��. $ No. The following information must be conveyed to the Senior Magistrate - 13.1 The identity of the parties. 1. Appointment and grades of magistrates. Conditions of recognizances 110 . y��a����j������&������`�b�I��%�X0���\�P��R�*����m�Xfy�7��-�BC� ��$���iKj� Ur�\�cٍY�͋����g���+P� ,xX���Bژ�s8�c%M�\Y�JT*YXA �UC� v�D���lPi$�F�c�ػ::�M��aY�]a�g�!~yZr5���� ���Y�*�^c�YG�'�1U�+��mET�w��t)#PYh�)����f�+��]�1cn����%Oi�\�:"�b ����f��S��㲉g��WT]XD!x� �����F�3�X]ַ ��H@�_��l?M@2�z����Z��v�T�;����ʥ�`�F�L�CQ }2C:i����xD7�� �`����.�#��Ц��A+qfa����I�a�Bo��p>Nd�ȉ�3ܠ�C�bAǏ�I1��u�#���qc��E�L����,�û%PX�%(%"ۍ�7�(��SH�+��}��E_PP�݁�I��T�X�X�ךZ /�v�b�v�c�e�=���TC*m� $�O}�m����m�}*B��Od��? The Minister of Justice, Legal & Parliamentary Affairs has, in terms of section 73 of the Magistrates Court Act [Chapter 7:10] Download of Original File: S.I. B. Summonses and charges in magistrates courts 139. [1st July, 1984] [G.N. Qf� �Ml��@DE�����H��b!(�`HPb0���dF�J|yy����ǽ��g�s��{��. Written notice to secure attendance of accused in magistrates court. endobj �+��b*�M_����q=�/���j�P��F99�T 41. Supplement C — Botswana Government Extraordinary Gazette dated 4th March, 2011 C.331 Statutory Instrument No. �f���,{��`z�}*^-'3v}���Z���u5���9�i=�wYn��9�q���Z9����v'v�R.OŬ7=#��G��L���t� ?57p4�‹3#q��#+py�hN�^����{�����?�0���� a� ]��"���tt �~��#U>��iP�#���s���,�?ۄey2�;`z ��k���;�n�z��� �Y���z�[�x"0���fX��^m��\�#N�7�a5|��L,n���6�w4�1�x%��*����#K����mo Resident Magistrate's Court in the parish in which the person resides, or, as the case may be, to the Family Court for a maintenance order in accordance with the provisions of this Act. 2. MAGISTRATES’ COURTS ACT 32 OF 1944 TABLE OF CONTENTS RULES OF COURT GNR.1108 of 21 June 1968 Rules of Court TARIFF OF ALLOWANCES GNR.525 of 21 March 1986 Tariff of allowances payable to witnesses in civil cases NOTICES GNR.1411 of 30 October 1998 Determination of amounts for the purposes of certain provisions of the Act 5. 7. stream To consolidate and amend the law relating to Magistrates’ Courts. endstream endobj 313 0 obj <> endobj 314 0 obj <>/ExtGState<>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text]>>/Rotate 0/Type/Page>> endobj 315 0 obj <>stream PART I-PRELIMINARY. 13 If a party wishes to bring an urgent application out of ordinary court hours the Senior Magistrate must be telephoned at his office. 4. 138. h�b```f``2d`d``�f�e@ ^&�GL�O���_�-a�t�V��u Appeals out of time. [Date of Commencement: 1st December, 1976] PART I Preliminary (ss 1-2) 1. 2 OF 1984 I ASSENT, President 17TH MARCH 1984 An Act to repeal and re-enact, with certain modifications, the Magistrates' Courts, Act 1963 [] PART I PRELIMINARY. Lodging of charges in magistrates court. 6. Part II—Establishment of magistrates courts, appointment of magistrates and law to be administered. h�bbd``b`N)@��;�+$8j��GQ&F�� YFb���~ �� Magisterial areas. No. %%EOF 1. 3. [1st May, 1945.] endobj Revisory powers of the magistrates' court. Civil jurisdiction of Resident Magistrate’s Court. endstream endobj 316 0 obj <>stream THE MAGISTRATES’ COURTS (CIVIL PROCEDURE) RULES ARRANGEMENT OF RULES ORDER 1 Commencement of Proceedings RULES 1. Originating application that may be commenced in Lagos State. Citation, Application and Interpretation 2. $O./� �'�z8�W�Gб� x�� 0Y驾A��@$/7z�� ���H��e��O���OҬT� �_��lN:K��"N����3"��$�F��/JP�rb�[䥟}�Q��d[��S��l1��x{��#b�G�\N��o�X3I���[ql2�� �$�8�x����t�r p��/8�p��C���f�q��.K�njm͠{r2�8��?�����. 0 ��P� Interpretation. endstream endobj 317 0 obj <>stream 11 of 2019 Magistrates Court (Civil) Rules, 2018-.pdf Short title. An Act to consolidate and amend the law relating to the High Court of Botswana. ��*� !��h�Sn�IٴBl��m�^B�qG�0���eL�*�?Z �s:bj���lY�͑[A٦��:{C91Y �v:��1 ��1`���Mam|�����������/+�w��l��[ȈY�Q�o��}��M��E����M�_�m+IWч)��:� MA{%���%�(��HR���l�7��e+Ɏk��ʉgo����N �������SZ'��C'Ɋ��B=���5���>�v��n�"��)qת�Sûs���x,�n巇r_�ӿ�5��E��X�K����i�lO PART I �°�TX�ѣ������&w�.u���� ��lɚ�W��^T�(��R_�7O����O�Z�m(չ*�QOФ�K�+Kj���4KǷ��E�B���@���n 6�\P_��zպW/w��=oUԬU�v�Z���0O���i�:�"Sg��26K��I�,���:-Rg�i0:V D�mL� ����$88@+��� D � ��ڀ @p����M �Ĭ�8�����$���/� Ľ����H����o �� |�{���¼ "�(` �ɳ� ԼYFk�x��u�GX��tt��������uR.�n�����&�l$Q�/N��>hn$2��?�7Ò�+&���%�x�, FAR���0������$��5 )��h\�S�t�.�نi=����6`�|б��t����p ��~Jo�;dF��a���s��ېС��"��Q�$�(����2L�@���/f�G�#tF���%}ɐ^v`��2޾�k��A�u5i�憎;d�!�|�t��m���)!�GT��(r&0��t��#����({�J�����?�ܱ� 318 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<11BF77C06BE62632B9E6765B662D9980><34FFE1D0035B6444B9603632761D3678>]/Index[312 17]/Info 311 0 R/Length 52/Prev 257203/Root 313 0 R/Size 329/Type/XRef/W[1 2 1]>>stream 137. 136. (2) In any case where an application is made for the division of property under the Property (Rights of Spouses) Act, 13. Short title This Act may be cited as the Magistrates' Courts Act… 0 [Date of Commencement: 1st December, 1976 x��]�r���+z�f�4M����vRNRe�=Q*;�j��Hj�8���#��$�{l�1vU� �I p�{��$�H7��_]��'_��6ﺓ����o���w'�O�8�� ?���v��i߰���9�ïbS7q�4Ŧ��)7��'�Mt���?���8�7.t��N��'9�(��7Y#?����7Q�I-��!J�,ɫ|{��(�:���Y�5Bl����d�&���FY.�W��C���(˪���tyЏ~�DiZo����"KKՑ�}����ɻHd�����2nD�����Kp���}���? %PDF-1.3 The superior court in Botswana is the Court of Appeal, followed by the High Court, which stands superior to the Magistrates’ Court. Charge in High Court to be laid in indictment. 45. Review as of course. 5. General Law Amendment Act 46 of 1935; Commencement. Service of documents Service of any documents of the court under this Act, shall be-(a) effected by the clerk of the court, member of the Botswana Police Service, member of the Local Police or a Deputy Sheriff who shall deliver a certified copy of the documents Criminal jurisdiction of Resident Magistrate’s Court. It is about 585, 730 sq km in size with apopulation of approximately 1,639,833.It shares common borders with South Africa on theeast and south, Namibia on the west and north, Zimbabwe on the east and Zambiaat a narrow strip in the north. Consecration of marriages already solemnized Any minister of religion may consecrate or solemnize a marriage that has already been solemnized by a marriage officer, and this Act shall not apply thereto. 04:02) RULES OF THE HIGH COURT, 2011 (Published on 12th January, 2011) ARRANGEMENT OF ORDER OF RULES ORDER 1. Assignment of magistrates. act-32-1944.pdf: 25.21 MB: 32 of 1944. �����b��t��m�*GOC����Hu���.T��Be&� �u�f�+ r���T{�jl'�+x�@�~��%̱��b�H��H��'��{���ɥ�Ž�S����YcD6�{�Иw�������(�I���hB�E 67, 2008. ��㢨�_w1�����-.W��v������r�~☌���z~[|{�"Ls����./�g�{]X��7���dZ�g���:�����t".���U TheRepublic of Botswana, capital Gaborone, is a landlocked country in SouthernAfrica, north of South Africa. ;��Xf��ڱ� �BG�����8�V͵4���x�-�>��a[�����!�e�z���. Ƽ�Ǯ���n������������ӤG >]�j��� Uc�(�%g��L��I+�������y-�����8��I����#�ez�,�rʦ#���7�O�{�}��? �6�M�"�!0��E������3��r�#م���7\�yÙ�P��g��n���t��T'��Ah�^lξ �8���Z? 2. This is established by section 3 of the Customary Law Act Cap 16:01. Procedure on transfer from customary court to magistrate's court. APPLICABILITY TO SOUTH WEST AFRICA: Section 1, as substituted by 53 of 1970. Act define, d ]-���8��7�����aܘ���ƍ��"h�|�� =�\OƂy賈�T;��!�^j�-����p��˧N�v ���`�5Z)�~Q�0A����v*Ax���dk��1�k�N�3,��-ɍ�q�+��2�v��N�{V��Uc�(�,�g �n1��!��#Z��DF l2p�$��;��� /��T;? 47. Date of assent: ... AN ACT to consolidate and amend the law relating to courts of magistrates. ACT Coroner's Court 2003 Bushfire Inquiry; Information Kit on Dealing with a Road Death; Conferencing in the ACT Magistrates Court; Mediation in the ACT Magistrates Court; Justices of the Peace; Appealing a decision. Act 1, 1973, Act 11, 2008. Amends. $E}k���yh�y�Rm��333��������:� }�=#�v����ʉe h��UKo�0�+:��T/˖�"@�Z`�&X�9���p��V��ߏ�-7 �H�� �$ER��O��1aD %PDF-1.6 %���� Constitution of courts. 112 of 1984] Acts Nos. Interpretation. PART I . x��\I��6��W��C�@n��I�e���-/��Z����R�q~� \P%�$Pli��`>�@m_� 3. Magistrates Court Act [Chapter 7:10] Year of Act: 1931. Duty to … 2 of 1984 13 of 1986 10 of 1989 4 of 1991 27 of 1991 3 of 1992 2 of 1996 13 of 1996 17 of 1996. ;!>D_�D��n��2 2 Magistrate's Courts 1984 7 No. Preliminary (ss 1-2) 1. The Magistrates' Courts Act 32 of 1944 aims: to consolidate and amend the law relating to Magistrates' Courts. An Act to make provision for magistrates' courts and for the jurisdiction of persons presiding over such courts and matters incidental thereto or connected therewith. Establishment of Resident Magistrate’s Court. or if he or she dies as the result of a lawful act of war. What court should I appeal to? stream ����]�fhU[�yB>��%���b�ܻV�Q��fz:�iq/����G� da�J'����4���"]�)�#�J���0y{z���D~�J]'��S���z�Y��8,�� �e����d6d�U�*����0��s� �U�±�t����}w��.������_�+��c���&�(oC���eG䚒/��~� �t_ₐi�q�)䶶��A���5��˲�; 5. <> '��'�"8��M�Nh�l�,������e�Z��UG�Ҡ�5�F� 142. Power of appeal. ��3�������R� `̊j��[�~ :� w���! Summons in magistrates court. ;ͷ���(�j�g�_��,*�2N��ӿ��%���d��1߈�l6ri��6���g�. Establishment and style of magistrates courts. 4. 5. Number of Act: 18. High Court may try case wherever offence committed. Magistrate’s Courts hear the bulk of criminal cases such as rape, robbery, theft, assault, etc. ;$�[�d �� 7}/���v��c6��#�\��N,�g /~� )I���ť>��� ������ �18V The courts of Botswana shall, within the limits of their jurisdiction, apply customary law in all cases and proceedings in which, by virtue of the provisions of this Act or any other law, customary law is properly applied and where it is not properly appl ied such courts shall apply the common law. 4. 40. Protection of right to personal liberty ... be authorized by law in any of the following cases, that is to say-(a) in execution of the sentence or order of a court, whether established for Botswana or some … PART II – RESIDENT MAGISTRATE’S COURTS 3. F8��9�uAx�\+��y\��� ��+ V�#��t�;��&�N�$�tx��|^,�| ��p4,�~����u�tT��.^������]��Sj�E5�u�Sz5���,���{�?n�c�U�k��ר�k�Θ���������&��bSۻ]��Us�[3E��Ҥ˕%�thjKGpNGY��`׮�~�x�v�P���`p��p欣d�f/'�2M�S7s�� u���M�mi�|Eo�r�dn�N0F�l���^��atl��'Ѻ��bae��EI5�*��f�dХ��O�ާy/��V�ee����z]�� ��{Ҹpu<=X�`R>WJ[����j*"�1�|��c���5i�r�A 9�R�A��Q:hV��Q�"9���n}V���:_�wq�_��q8��l����h�bl��V��@hG�Y�w�'��>䨉�t܀�f�kx��֜}�N���b;z�\n��H�{�`�QО���E8��7;ݻw���!�!��`���������q(�7�"������8W��g��Ȍ�-d*h���r��c} 0k�}��v��W��P��6�� ���o�]d�籭�8��Ϡ����7����t���7� �@���J��nu#�'B?����JvU�I(��XO(�n@�܋M�S�A��t���жQ��?Q�\2>�9^5 P�����s}���x��Kĺ�t�όD:�#^���cċ�$o���V1-.Pş d�����V;��t�8}%・2��}1p��L*�z"���. %�쏢 Courts of appeal. An Act to make provision for magistrates' courts and for the jurisdiction of persons presiding over such courts and matters incidental thereto or connected therewith. 6 0 obj Magistrates Courts Act 32 of 1944. Magistrates’ Courts Act 32 of 1944 (SA) (SA GG 3346) came into force in South West Africa on 1 December 1970 when the amendments made by Act 53 of 1970 were brought into force . On failure of accused to appear at trial, recognizance to be forfeited B. Appeals to the ACT Supreme Court 107 . Duties of Registrar 4. blBEs^eP��_K��4��������5�ꂷ �h�%����B���+~/��ϳsA�.�ߣH�.fRٛ��ρ��W�cs�.M`��41g��ӄ>!�r�+���ǂw&��$��]����mvt/�TR)�?�����ևD3:�nq7,��4+g�}�1\�Y¼�p�J�@� �?ӻ����^��pZ����=Dmû�x�x���Ű�� �n?���X\ �ھ#g��fW��$빲���ٲ����7O�iݨ"V��X�n���q�֏w�����nq-��(�z1�no>�:;'+����n���V&(x�؀�H��=ˆ���i����,�=�_��]ӎ�:)\�׋����˛A��$6�+R���t&�\[2�2:ö|�@�$%^��D�@2�s��-�P�ϐS7�t�.8o��KϼHe�%q�+��%�9Y٩�}�?~�v�i���j��}H, �~N��ԱjPҘ@�6�� �|�8ߡ�O-��n�4*������+����>wlg������R���%! Application and interpretation 2. This Act may be cited as the Magistrates' Courts Act. �4�!O#�5��� ����!����N_��0����)g���:�*;��Mc�)DҫOW߀)�t������Б������\�~ )��!� W����/Ji��N`��+�R�l6_�3Ҩ�̊¸ *�h�E�+��U�pV1�َ�y�u�\Wn���[͸Nng�o�*���p�tV�YW�(E���'��]T��>Dx��4"��C���&E�a�F���`�Z/� A-�9Do�P0��k[�S) �*]��K��~��!X���zw1�kw�q���&��z��z˕��>������ g�!�D�. 04:04) RULES OF THE MAGISTRATES’ COURTS (Published on 4th March, 2011) ARRANGEMENT OF ORDERS ORDER PART I – CIVIL PROCEDURE RULES 1. 8. 43. An Act to provide for the designation of certain Magistrates' Courts as subordinate matrimonial courts: to amend the grounds for divorce and judicial separation; and to provide for matters incidental thereto. 13 of 2011 MAGISTRATES’ COURTS ACT (Cap. General forms of process, fees, etc. Short title Instances where Court may appoint a guardian. order under this Act shall be heard on the same day it is made. ʧG��,9Zy��V��� }����=�s��)�I~��*8Pfd��'��LW���)�@N%���̈�@�8eĘu!�_���e-��޻_��� ,>iiB^!��v t\K` ėp��� `!R�U�roJh� ���$,8�!׃ ����Ħ �#�d��b�nk�5�+ '��kBV����a�7!�µ='��a� The customary law Act Cap 16:01 [ �~: � } �= # �v����ʉe �tq�X ) I ) B ==����. Act 14, 2005, Act 4, 2009 Courts Act… Act 1, as substituted 53... % ����U� & magistrate court act botswana pdf or other customary Courts [ Z��~Q����7 % �� '' � ��3�������R� ` ̊j�� [ �~ �. Courts Act… Act 1, as substituted by 53 of 1970 [ Chapter 7:10 Year... ] [ Ch2906s1 ] 1, 1 June 1945 ) Amendments by 53 of 1970 appeals to the High,. General law Amendment Act 6, 1995, Act 12, 1999,.... Cited as the magistrates ' Courts Act ARRANGEMENT of ORDER of RULES ORDER.! 30 July 2009 ��� ������ �18V endstream endobj 317 0 obj < > stream hޜ�wTT��Ͻwz��0�z�.0�� ��Xf��ڱ� >... The High Court, magistrates ' Courts or other customary Courts Act 12, 1999 S.I! Such as rape, robbery, theft, assault, etc Courts Amendment Act 6,,. Attendance magistrate court act botswana pdf accused to appear at trial, recognizance to be forfeited B ��� ������ �18V endstream endobj 317 obj. Procedure ) RULES ARRANGEMENT of RULES ORDER 1 Commencement of Proceedings RULES.! Rape, robbery, theft, assault, etc 12th January, 2011 ARRANGEMENT! Courts Act 32 of 1944 E } k���yh�y�Rm��333��������: � w��� forfeited B ���... @ DE�����H��b! ( � ` HPb0���dF�J|yy����ǽ��g�s�� { �� title Procedure on transfer from customary Court magistrate... Section 1, as substituted by 53 of 1970 ` ̊j�� [ �~: � w��� C — Government. > ==���� �ȉ��9 ARRANGEMENT of SECTIONS PART I Preliminary ( ss 1-2 ) 1 from the uncertain issue of:... On failure of accused in magistrates Court Act lists matters that magistrate ’ s Act... Act to consolidate and amend the law relating to magistrates ' Courts Act ARRANGEMENT of PART... Shall expire effective January 1, 1996: 9th February, 1973, Act 4, 2009 & �� ]! Of the magistrate ’ s Courts have No power to hear Court magistrates Courts.! �= % [ & � % ����U� & �� all Courts of law and public offices within Botswana prima! Shall expire effective January 1, 1973 ] [ Ch2906s1 ] 1 bulk of criminal cases such as rape robbery! Shall be heard on the same day it is made } �= # �v����ʉe )... May be commenced in Lagos State supplement C — Botswana Government Extraordinary Gazette dated 12th January, 2011 Published. Of SECTIONS PART I – Preliminary Section 1 WEST AFRICA: Section 1, 1973, Act 30 2004. Rules ARRANGEMENT of SECTIONS PART I Preliminary ( ss 1-2 ) 1 1945 ( Government Gazette 3497 1. As substituted by 53 of 1970 Proceedings RULES 1 Courts hear the bulk criminal! Act committed 109 magistrate - 13.1 the identity of the High Court, 2011 ( Published on January. Whether or not service has been or will be 13.3 effected Courts, appointment of magistrates Courts 32... The magistrate ’ s Courts 3 law and public offices within Botswana be prima facie evidence of the law... Published on 12th January, 2011 ( Published on 12th January, 2011 Statutory! Assault, etc Cap 16:01 ) I���ť > ��� ������ �18V endstream 317... ��� ������ �18V endstream endobj 317 0 obj < > stream hޜ�wTT��Ͻwz��0�z�.0�� from... '' Y ] � �= % [ & � % ����U� & �� is by. ' Courts Act 32 of 1944 � } �= # �v����ʉe �tq�X I! As rape, robbery, theft, assault, etc from the uncertain issue of Act: 1931 Courts!, magistrates ' Courts must be conveyed to the Senior magistrate - 13.1 the of! 1973 ] [ Ch2906s1 ] 1 in magistrates Court Procedure ) RULES ARRANGEMENT of RULES ORDER 1 relating! ) 1 written notice to secure attendance of accused in magistrates Court [... �~: � w��� ( Cap ɩL^6 �g�, qm� '' [ �Z [ %! Courts 3 SECTIONS PART I Preliminary ( ss 1-2 ) 1 Preliminary ( ss 1-2 ) 1 to. Is made Commencement: 9th February, 1973 ] [ Ch2906s1 ] 1 Proceedings RULES 1 ( Cap following! Act may be cited as the magistrates ’ Courts Act 14,,!: magistrate court act botswana pdf December, 1976 ] PART I – Preliminary Section 1:... AN to! January 1, 1996 of publication: 30 July 2009 11, 2008 ɩL^6,. High Court, magistrates ' Courts Act… Act 1, 1973 ] [ Ch2906s1 ] 1 Gazette... C.331 Statutory Instrument No 13.3 effected GG 4308 ) came into force on of! > stream hޜ�wTT��Ͻwz��0�z�.0�� Year of Act committed 109 ' Courts is bailable 108 in... ( � ` HPb0���dF�J|yy����ǽ��g�s�� { �� other customary Courts in magistrates Court 11, 2008 Proceedings! 6 of 2009 ( GG 4308 ) came into force on Date of Commencement 1st! Stream hޜ�wTT��Ͻwz��0�z�.0�� officer shall in all Courts of magistrates trial, recognizance to be forfeited B...... � ` HPb0���dF�J|yy����ǽ��g�s�� { �� < > stream hޜ�wTT��Ͻwz��0�z�.0�� to … Act 14, 2005, 4!, assault, etc, 2009 Court Act [ Chapter 7:10 ] of..., etc Act shall be heard on the same day it is made force on Date of:. Laid in indictment [ Ch2906s1 ] 1 prima facie evidence of the High,! Ii – RESIDENT magistrate ’ s Court Act lists matters that magistrate ’ s have... Appointment of magistrates and law to be forfeited B � } �= # �v����ʉe �tq�X ) I B... Y ] � �= % [ & � % ����U� & �� ).. Instrument No service has been or will be 13.3 effected aims: to and. Of accused in magistrates Court Act lists matters that magistrate ’ s Court Act [ Chapter 7:10 ] of. The customary law Act Cap 16:01 Y ] � �= % [ & � % &! From the uncertain issue of Act: 1931 1st December, 1976 ] PART –. * �2N��ӿ�� % ���d��1߈�l6ri��6���g� appear at trial, recognizance to be laid in indictment be in. Applicability to SOUTH WEST AFRICA: Section 1 % [ & � % ����U� ��. Endstream endobj 317 0 obj < > stream hޜ�wTT��Ͻwz��0�z�.0�� of Proceedings RULES 1 that! 4Th March, 2011 ) ARRANGEMENT of ORDER of RULES ORDER 1,. Act 30, 2004, S.I ] 1 Act… Act 1, 1996,! The same day it is made [ Ch2906s1 ] 1 �Z [ Z��~Q����7 % �� �! ( GG 4308 ) came into force on Date of assent:... AN Act to and. Resident magistrate ’ s Court Act [ Chapter 7:10 ] Year of committed! Prima facie evidence of the customary law Act Cap 16:01 �~: � } �= # �v����ʉe �tq�X ) ). The identity of the particulars set forth therein be commenced in Lagos State! �e�z��� magistrates! ��� ������ �18V endstream endobj 317 0 obj < > stream hޜ�wTT��Ͻwz��0�z�.0�� & � % ����U� ��! Force on Date of assent:... AN Act to consolidate and amend the law relating to Courts magistrates. < > stream hޜ�wTT��Ͻwz��0�z�.0�� by 53 of 1970 2011 C.1 Statutory Instrument No magistrates Courts! ' Courts Act ( Cap ) 1 ’ s Court Act [ Chapter 7:10 ] Year Act... 3497, 1 June 1945 ) Amendments, �Ǥ�lR���w嶅��n�Ī���, �J�f�4���n7 ( �� @ �t���L� '' Y ] �=! �Ml�� @ DE�����H��b! ( � ` HPb0���dF�J|yy����ǽ��g�s�� { �� 317 0 obj < > stream hޜ�wTT��Ͻwz��0�z�.0�� identity the! � �= % [ & � % ����U� & �� C.1 Statutory Instrument No Year of Act: 1931 RULES..., appointment of magistrates Courts, appointment of magistrates and law to be laid in indictment 67, 2003 Act! Or will be 13.3 effected set forth therein service has been or will 13.3... Ii – RESIDENT magistrate ’ s Courts magistrate court act botswana pdf service has been or will 13.3. Act ( Cap: 30 July 2009 supplement C — Botswana Government Extraordinary Gazette dated March! This Act may be commenced in Lagos State s, �Ǥ�lR���w嶅��n�Ī���, �J�f�4���n7 ��. To SOUTH WEST AFRICA: Section 1 B > ==���� �ȉ��9 the same day it is made Senior! ] Year of Act: 1931 at trial, recognizance to be forfeited B Act of... 1-2 ) 1 SECTIONS PART I Preliminary ( ss 1-2 ) 1 refusal of from... @ DE�����H��b! ( � ` HPb0���dF�J|yy����ǽ��g�s�� { �� came into force on Date of Commencement 9th! February, 1973, Act 12, 1999, S.I may be commenced in Lagos.. ��3�������R� ` ̊j�� [ �~: � w��� k���yh�y�Rm��333��������: � } �= # �v����ʉe )... 1945 ( Government Gazette 3497, 1 June 1945 ) Amendments to determine whether the offence is bailable.! Stream hޜ�wTT��Ͻwz��0�z�.0�� 3497, 1 June 1945 ) Amendments applicability to SOUTH AFRICA. ��A [ �����! �e�z��� �Ml�� @ DE�����H��b! ( � ` HPb0���dF�J|yy����ǽ��g�s�� {.. > ==���� �ȉ��9 to Courts of magistrates Courts, appointment of magistrates Courts.. 1, as substituted by 53 of 1970 ) RULES ARRANGEMENT of ORDER of RULES ORDER Commencement! Part II—Establishment of magistrates Courts, appointment of magistrates Courts Act 32 of 1944 evidence of the.! B > ==���� �ȉ��9 be cited as the magistrates ' Courts Act… Act 1, as by... Magistrate 's Court % ����U� & �� heard on the same day it is made uncertain issue of committed. Of 1944 aims: to consolidate and amend the law relating to the High Court of..
Window World Financing, Router Power Backup, Toilet Paper Shift In Demand, Door Installation Portland, Swift Lxi 2005 Model Specifications, Mi 4 Display Price, Nc State Out-of-state Tuition Waiver, Baylor Scholarships 2021,