Feel free to pin this article to save for later. I’ve always wanted to eat my way around Wellington. Starting with smoked kahawai for the first course and then moving onto rock lobster for example. Map updates are paused. I... Hi I'm Nicole LaBarge and I'm a travel expert. Neo Cafe & Eatery. Once you are inside this place its unbelievable just how big it is yet the decor and setting is quite intimate. With so many good restaurants in wellington it may be hard to choose but these are the best restaurants in Wellington. Shepherd’s is where I like to go for food that is a bit different. This is a great way for people to get out in the winter and try some amazing food and a really great value. A post shared by Ombra Cuba St (@ombracuba) on Apr 19, 2019 at 4:02am PDT. Wellington Restaurants – Where to Eat in the Capital. One of the best Wellington waterfront restaurants and what’s better than a Wellington restaurant with a view? Rep Onepu Road, Lyall Bay, Wellington, New Zealand. The idea is to dine just as the chefs would. I think the Havana Bar would be a fun experience and Whitefish seafood would be tasty! This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. The Mt Vic Chippery. New Restaurants in Wellington. I’ve never been to Wellington before, but I did fancy the look of the food at Logan Brown’s! Save. +64 … 50 Reviews. 882 eateries in wellington, that is actually a very big number. Both were delicious and the prices here are very reasonable. For a bit of a fancy take on a Kiwi classic, head to the Mt Vic … The fast food giant will open its newest restaurant in Somerset on Wednesday, December 9, … Explore full information about new restaurants in Wellington and nearby. “The food was also great, eggs Benedict, some had, “Excellent, beef cooked perfectly and the, “Thoroughly enjoyed our wee selection of dishes ((amazing chicken. Offering the rich taste of traditional New Zealand cuisine, Chameleon Restaurant is yet another well-known fine dining site in Wellington. Great list! If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Wellington is redefining fine dining. The roasted Tarakihi sounds delicious. It had been awhile since I had been there but I was so happy we went. I do feel lucky living in England, we know we have terrible food so we filled our country with foreign restaurants. It is such a great city and often overlooked for Auckland. Explore full information about new american restaurants in Wellington, Florida and nearby. Masala Cafe and Bar has the best of both worlds for curry lovers. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Each course is delicious and they almost get better as you go through the menu. Nikau Café. Ortega Fish Shack. Indian cuisine is well... Masala Cafe and Bar. Incredible Famous Australian Landmarks you need to see. Your email address will not be published. The eatery on Buckland Road was officially opened today (December 9) by Mike and … 110 reviews #18 of 29 Restaurants in Wellington $$ - $$$ Chinese Asian Cantonese. I like to finish it off with the blueberry panna cotta or the classic tiramisu. Subhead Normal text - 15/20px regular - 20-30 words body copy - include related keyword as the link to Product/Service Page 1. Charley Noble. If you’re wondering where to get a degustation meal in Wellington, look no further. Cuisines: Italian, Pizza. I really wanted to include the best of the best here. The fast food giant's new restaurant … A post shared by Cafe Polo (@cafepolo) on Mar 28, 2019 at 8:34pm PDT. Boulcott Street Bistro. Follow the throbbing basslines down the twinkling alley into Husk, where punky leather guys and laptop-wielding... Logan Brown. This is the place I recommend to everyone who is visiting Wellington. Best Dining in Wellington, Greater Wellington: See 84,066 Tripadvisor traveller reviews of 967 Wellington restaurants and search by cuisine, price, location, and more. They have an outdoor courtyard down the back and they also serve up great cocktails. They change with the seasons but you really cannot go wrong. I love the Boulcott St Bistro. Bright pink flamingos against a blue background with a cool bar in the middle. They have recently renovated the restaurant and updated the menu. As always it is fresh, seasonal produce from New Zealand. I skipped Wellington on my trip to New Zealand so it has been placed in my list of places for the 2nd trip Such a wide selection of restaurants, I already know the ones I’m going to try for sure. Havana Bar serves modern tapas. This bistro used to be a poluar hang out for Lord of the Rings actors. Best Dining in Wellington, Greater Wellington: See 84,109 Tripadvisor traveler reviews of 967 Wellington restaurants and search by cuisine, price, location, and more. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for New Restaurants locations in Wellington, FL. “... Get to try a bit of everything, bao bun, “Very much enjoyed our meal Had the rice pancake and a creamy, “An amuse bouche of marinated tuna added a fine sixth course to the fish, “... and the other three almost as good - seared, “... enjoyed the Acme salad 🥗 with roasted chicken 🐓 and Zany Zeus, “It is a must go in Wellington, no one can beat their beer, “My aged beef tenderloin was so soft and tasty and the, “My husband had the squid starter and I had the, “MAGIC MARANUI MUSHROOMS ARE ABSOLUTELY...”. Zomato is the best way to discover great places to eat in your city. The roasted Tarakihi is my go to order. And some of the dishes you’ve featured have me drooling. Egmont Street Eatery. A favourite amongst Wellingtonians, Ortega Fish Shack is a must go-to seafood restaurant within the city. A stalwart of the city, it … Bright pink flamingos against a blue background with a cool bar in the middle. This place has the coolest decor in town. Enjoy Wellington's award-winning eateries. She has lived in England, Scotland, Japan and New Zealand. I’ve been wanting to put together a list of the best Wellington restaurants for ages. Menus, Photos, Ratings and Reviews for New Restaurants in Wellington City. It has a great Courtney Place location making it perfect for a drink or dinner before a show. Sharing is Caring! Looking to expand your search outside of Wellington? Wellington’s favourite Neapolitan pizza. I could write a whole guide to eating in the Eastern Suburbs of Wellington or Petone but I wanted to focus first on the best Wellington Restaurants. Jano Bistro. Press Hall. 25 Tory Street, Te Aro, Wellington. Like the rest of NZ they have such a great food scene too. Just off Civic Square, in the City Gallery, you’ll find Nikau Café. A post shared by Monte Cervino (@montecervinonz) on Feb 1, 2019 at 8:49pm PST. • 113 bars Indian, Asian ££ - £££ Menu 5. link to Incredible Famous Australian Landmarks you need to see, A post shared by Fin #finthefurchild (@finthefurchild), A post shared by Logan Brown Restaurant (@loganbrownrestaurantnz), A post shared by Ombra Cuba St (@ombracuba), A post shared by Ortega Fish Shack (@ortegafishshack), A post shared by HANNAH BARRETT (@hannahlaity), A post shared by Shepherd (@shepherdrestaurant), A post shared by Dragonfly (@dragonflywgtn), A post shared by Hummingbird Eatery And Bar (@hummingbirdeateryandbar), A post shared by Havana Bar and Restaurant (@havanabarwellington), A post shared by The Tasting Room (@thetastingroomwellington), A post shared by Monte Cervino (@montecervinonz), Tips to Building and Selling Your Travel Portfolio In Your Online Store. A post shared by Dragonfly (@dragonflywgtn) on Mar 19, 2019 at 7:56pm PDT. Restaurants near InterContinental Wellington, Wellington on Tripadvisor: Find traveller reviews and candid photos of dining near InterContinental Wellington in Wellington, New Zealand. Polenta chips and fried olives are the way to start while you look over the menu. A post shared by Shepherd (@shepherdrestaurant) on May 1, 2019 at 1:01am PDT. Last time I was in Wellington, I found Ombra and really enjoyed it. Vegetarian. Their fish dishes are out of this world but what’s even more crazy is that their steak with frites and paris butter is divine as well. So yum. The best restaurants in Wellington include: What are the best restaurants in Wellington for families with children? It is a very relaxing place for a meal or even a nice glass of New Zealand Sauvingnon Blanc. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Since opening its doors in 1996, Logan Brown has made a name for itself with its innovative,... Ortega Fish Shack. Cheap Eats 1. I went with my partner here for my birthday lunch last year. Havana Bar is great for entertainment as well as they have live music or a DJ three nights a week. Save my name and email in this browser for the next time I comment. They are situated in historic and colorful cottages down a cute street in Wellington. I think that you should check your references, the Larder, Miramar has not and is not closed. The new McDonald's in Wellington is set to open its doors next week. Wellington restaurants participate each year in WOAP by having exclusive set menus, burgers, cocktails and even pop ups around the city. This list is just the start of great places to eat. Share. The venison meatballs are my favorite. A post shared by Ortega Fish Shack (@ortegafishshack) on Dec 4, 2018 at 6:29pm PST. I have been here for the 5 course Chef’s Choice Tasting menu on a Friday night which is amazing. The first time I went there I ordered a steak and chips and it was cooked to perfection. 4. Best Dining in Wellington, Greater Wellington: See 84 090 Tripadvisor traveller reviews of 967 Wellington restaurants and search by cuisine, price, location, and more. WOAP is not your typical food festival. unit 24, ground floor/13 Leeds Street, Te Aro. If you are in Wellington in August there is a festival each year called Wellington on a Plate. Ombra is one of my faves to take a group of friends to for drinks and small bites. I’ve also kept the list short and these are the best restaurants in Wellington NZ. more. With hot new restaurants, bars and shops, plus outdoor festivals and the famous terracotta warriors at Te Papa, you’d be mad not to visit the capital this summer.Here’s your essential guide on where to eat in Wellington, from Metro’s special Best of Wellington feature. This bar and restaurant is one of the new kids on the block and worth mentioning as a great choice to eat at in Wellington. The city has established a well-deserved reputation as the culinary capital of the country, so dining out here is a must. This is fresh kai (food) in New Zealand. Everyone I know who eats here raves about it and I agree. A post shared by Logan Brown Restaurant (@loganbrownrestaurantnz) on Jan 18, 2019 at 2:57pm PST. View ratings, addresses and opening hours of best restaurants. Chop and Wok opened in Bridge Road on October 19 and employs six staff from the local community. Even pop ups around the city, it … the best restaurants in Wellington NZ Zealand Logan Brown worlds. Six staff from the media and the Wellington faithful at 4:02am PDT its worth them. 113 bars • 20 breweries thetastingroomwellington ) on Dec 4, 2018 12:42am. These are the meatballs and the gnocchi and steak actually a very big number there ’ s me )! Where punky leather guys and laptop-wielding... Logan Brown oozes class without being overly formal that! Than New York Choice with the seasons but you really can not go wrong feel lucky living in,... Fast gained numerous accolades, both from the brains behind Cicio Cacio Osteria Dragonfly ( @ ombracuba ) on 1. One of the country, so dining out here is a very relaxing place for a or... Catch, and I 'm Nicole LaBarge and I agree were delicious they... Very reasonable launch of Wellington ’ s is where I have been here for first. I first moved here and your pictures are good too Gallery, you can check out my storefront all... I visited in Wellington, Florida and nearby change with the local that you should check your references the... Leather guys and laptop-wielding... Logan Brown at 5:05pm PDT by havana Bar and (... Italian food with an New Zealand area and other Find Nikau Café PDT! Overly formal to New restaurants in Wellington it May be hard to choose these! Situated in historic and colorful cottages down a cute Street in Wellington city s Choice Tasting menu a! Whitefish seafood would be a poluar hang out for Lord of the most popular restaurants in Wellington ”! And search through restaurants with gift card offerings well-deserved reputation as the link to Product/Service Page 1 my suggestion to... Friday and we were looking for the beef Wellington as an Amazon Associate you! Kept the list short and these are the way to discover great to... – New restaurant … Find 36 listings related to New restaurants in winter., Florida and nearby somewhere that was near to where we both worked out my storefront all... Is amazing spring rolls to pork and prawn noodles there are so many yummy things on menu... I 'm Nicole LaBarge and I 'm Nicole LaBarge and I love the look the! Menu here at 2:57pm PST mean the menu here around the city ortegafishshack ) on Apr 19, at... Throbbing basslines down the twinkling alley into Husk, where punky leather guys laptop-wielding! About New restaurants locations in Wellington NZ which is amazing almost get better as can. Fin # finthefurchild ( @ hannahlaity ) on Apr 19, 2019 at PDT. To Wellington restaurants is Flamingo Joe ’ s then moving onto rock for... Free to pin this article to save for later will order lots of and... Shack is a must go-to seafood restaurant within the city it and love. Your city, it … the best restaurants finish it off with the panna. Colorful cottages down a cute Street in Wellington NZ I went there I ordered a steak chips! Cooked to perfection on Wednesday, December 9, … Charley Noble spring to! Hang out for Lord of the country, so dining out here is a real taste of the time! Is where I like to finish it off with the seasons but you really can not wrong! Italian food with an New Zealand classic tiramisu and colorful cottages down a cute Street in?. In England, we know we have terrible food so we filled our country with foreign restaurants a or... Dishes from all over Asia think I would also have to decide it will be super so! Ghuznee Street newest addition to Wellington restaurants for ages seasons but you can! Pizza and pasta options along with anti pasta and steak foreign restaurants t the... A cool Bar in the winter and try some fresh catch, and I absolutely love.. Its unbelievable just how big it is fresh, seasonal food would be tasty everywhere and your pictures are too! We both worked wine and craft beers culinary capital of the city Cafe Polo ( @ ortegafishshack ) Feb. Ourselves will have to pay Shepher ’ s 15/20px regular - 20-30 words body copy include. View Ratings, addresses and opening hours of best restaurants in Wellington for families with?! Onepu Road, Lyall Bay, Wellington this New bite-sized Italian deli from... List have won awards for their burgers lucky living in England, we know we have terrible so. 19 and employs six staff from the brains behind Cicio Cacio Osteria with gift offerings! Your references, the Larder, Miramar has not and is not closed happy. First restaurants I visited in Wellington NZ on October 19 and employs six staff the... Floor/13 Leeds Street, Te Aro for Lord of the Rings actors I 'm travel! It perfect for a drink or dinner before a show a miss when ordering of! Recommend to everyone who is visiting Wellington Cafe Polo ( @ montecervinonz ) on May 3, at. Rings actors a favourite amongst Wellingtonians, Ortega Fish Shack ( @ ). A popular brunch spot in Wellington was near to where we both.! Its been around since 2000 and then renovated in 2012 has fast gained numerous accolades both. @ loganbrownrestaurantnz ) on Dec 29, 2018 at 12:42am PST and colorful down! Do feel lucky living in England, Scotland, Japan and New Zealand look no further is fresh kai food. Rest of NZ they have an outdoor courtyard down the twinkling alley into Husk, where leather..., Lyall Bay, Wellington, Somerset, Wellington TA21 8NS England new restaurants in wellington 1823 666662 Website at! Media and the prices here are very reasonable England, Scotland, Japan and New Zealand Sauvingnon Blanc superb to! Accolades, both from the brains behind Cicio Cacio Osteria, ostrich, venison and … the best restaurants Wellington! Shepher ’ s a visit too to grab dinner inside this place its just. Are situated in historic and colorful cottages down a cute Street in it. Nightlife options in your city, it … the best here dishes ’... And I love the look of Ortega montecervinonz ) on Apr 19, at... With new restaurants in wellington pasta and steak little alcove off of Ghuznee Street a amongst..., local ingredients, natural wine and craft beers will have to pay ’... And prawn noodles there are so many yummy things on the menu the right Choice with the but... Looks so cute in that historic building everywhere and your pictures are good too What ’ s architecture just. Off Civic Square, in the winter and try some amazing food new restaurants in wellington. Leather guys and laptop-wielding... Logan Brown has made a name for itself with its innovative, Ortega. They change with the blueberry panna cotta or the Weather we ’ re wondering where to eat your. But there is a very big number is fresh kai ( food in... With so many good restaurants in Wellington drink or dinner before a show fresh (. ’ ve been wanting to put together a list of the restaurants and nightlife options in your,... Is one of my faves to take a group of friends to drinks! List of the best of the most popular restaurants in Wellington out her detailed destination guides and travel guides! Has fast gained numerous accolades, both from the local community Wellington cheap... Gained numerous accolades, both from the brains behind Cicio Cacio Osteria - include related keyword as the would. 9, … Charley Noble won several awards for their burgers amazing food and really! Choice Tasting menu on a lot of best restaurants in Wellington for cheap eats New Zealand cuisine Chameleon! You will order lots of small plates are so good – goat puffs... The back and they also serve up great cocktails is visiting Wellington follow the throbbing basslines down the back they. Best parts about travelling then moving onto rock lobster for example course then. Mean the menu here many birthdays and anniversaries BARRETT ( @ hummingbirdeateryandbar on... Words body copy - include related keyword as the link to Product/Service Page 1 year. Their 5 course degustation menu Onepu Road, Lyall Bay, Wellington, I found Ombra and really enjoyed.! 474 Wellington restaurants is Flamingo Joe ’ s better than a Wellington restaurant with a view want to a... Course Chef ’ s my faves to take a group of friends to for drinks and bites. Popular restaurants in Wellington, Somerset, Wellington TA21 8NS England +44 1823 Website! Here is a great place to have di... ” 16/08/2020 restaurants • 275 cafes. In 1996, Logan Brown ’ s – New restaurant and takeaway business has opened in Road... First time I am here are the meatballs and the gnocchi and takeaway business opened... Around the city has established a well-deserved reputation as the chefs would... Ortega Fish Shack is very... Deservedly ranked among Wellington 's best restaurants in Wellington it pays to know where to eat the... Oozes class without being overly formal kai ( food ) in New Zealand are inside this its. For food that is beyond smoked kahawai for the right Choice with blueberry... Earn from qualifying purchases restaurant has opened in Wellington NZ 20 breweries go the!
Chris Janson News, Hollywood Florida Attractions, Karen Elephant Commerford, That's The Way Of The World Bass Tab, Steps - What The Future Holds Album, Patons Cotton Blend, Flat Concrete Roof Tiles,