Sweet potato dinner rolls are a perfect side dish to any recipe you’re fixing. Q: Can you eat potatoes on a vegan or plant-based diet? This vegan twice baked potato recipe is so cheesy and delicious, you’ll want to have an extra on hand for leftovers. Quick sweet potato buddha bowl. This Sweet Potato Black Bean Recipe is totally based on chili. I love this vegan shepherd’s pie piled high with potatoes. This easy Crispy Black Bean Burrito recipe is made with brown rice, potatoes, corn, and salsa. I use my mom’s recipe and veganize it by using vegan mayo and tofu scramble for the boiled eggs. It’s understandable because potatoes create a delicious base on which many flavors can be today. So vegan mashed potatoes? My Vegan Potato Casserole recipe brings a fresh vegan twist to a classic. This one is a plant-based take on the BEST classic American style potato salad: creamy, tangy, mixed with celery, green onion, and dill pickles… Today I’m answering some of the most frequently asked questions about potatoes and sharing some delicious vegan recipes with potatoes. I would like to posit,  however, that potatoes are actually good for you, but with one condition: you must eat the skin. This Vegan Scalloped Potatoes recipe is a dairy-free, nut-free, and gluten-free comfort food at its best. Share; Tweet; Pin; Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. Even though Ireland is known for its potatoes, did you know that potatoes originated in North America? Potato is a healthy vegetable, high in potassium, vitamins B6 and C, fiber, and magnesium — that is until it is fried in oil. Check out our vegan sweet potato casserole if you want a really fancied up side dish (it’s really more like a dessert). Recipe » … You’ll find these and more in the list below of amazing potato recipes! And it doesn’t hurt that it’s packed with fiber, protein, and antioxidants! I have had an obsession with potatoes since birth. The roasted garlic and rosemary give the potatoes so much flavor. There you have it, 31 amazing vegan recipes with potatoes. We make it regularly. Skip to primary navigation; Skip to main content ; Skip to primary sidebar; Loving It Vegan. Sweet potato slices, coated in panko breadcrumbs and baked, covered with a delicious vegan katsu curry sauce. And whichever of these tasty vegan recipes with potatoes you choose to make, enjoy! In fact, potatoes, a starchy, nutrient-rich vegetable, make a great part of a vegan food diet because they’re plant-based. Vegan sweet potato pancakes are a must-have in your mealtime arsenal. Potatoes make a perfect side dish ingredient. Of the potato recipes, I really love my vegan potato salad. I used a little olive oil as well as cider vinegar and vegan Worcestershire sauce to add a bit of tang and depth to the simple filling mixture in these pierogi.. This vegan potato soup is so easy to make. The roasted garlic and rosemary give the potatoes so much flavor. You’ll love the little bites of potatoes in this Pinto Bean Soup. Serve these herbed potatoes as a side dish for your favorite veggie burger nights. Meredith Coleman, owner and solo operator of the vegan restaurant MeMe’s Twisted Potato… Simple recipe with mouthwatering results. Confession of a potato-lover. Potatoes for Breakfast. In fact, it makes me want to grab a bottle of sriracha and go to town. Creamy cheezy and amazingly delicious Vegan Scalloped Potatoes are the perfect side dish for any meal, especially for Thanksgiving and the holidays. What to eat with breakfast potatoes. You can eat these potatoes as part of a vegan brunch consisting of fresh fruit, vegan butter, and homemade jelly toasts, tofu scramble, and natural orange juice or coffee. Home » Recipes » Dinner Recipes » 25 Amazing Vegan Potato Recipes, Posted on Published: March 24, 2020 By: Author Terri Edwards. Even now, it doesn’t have to be cold outside. It’s surprising that a sweet potato can add so much to this sandwich, but it works! Potatoes are the foundation for many wonderful, tasty and healthy vegetarian meals. “Terri Edwards is the ideal nutrition speaker! I use sweet potato and nutritional yeast flakes to create a nice, cheesy flavor in the twice-baked potatoes. But they can be made year-round and even frozen for homemade heat-and-serve dinner rolls. Sweet Potato Recipes. And we top that with a crispy whole wheat crust. Make these herbed-roasted air fryer potatoes as your new favorite side dish. At Namely Marly we love celebrating life, creativity, healthy living and energetic days! It’s such a loaded question because some people will argue that potatoes are starchy and therefore high in carbohydrates. They solve most dinner conundrums and please all of the preferences at the table. ; Add the parsley and serve immediately. Piece of cake. Fluffy and moist sweet potato batter swirled with apple sauce, raisins and cinnamon makes a dozen muffins that are packed with beta carotene and fiber. If you’ve got a can of vegetarian chili on hand, then simply top a baked potato with chili, vegan cheese, chopped onions, vegan sour cream, and any other favorite fixins that comes to mind. Vegan Sweet Potato Recipes 10,646 Recipes. It’s time for a fiesta! Prepare this Vegan Shepherd's Pie for a satisfying, potato filled vegan dinner! No one will ever realize it’s a low-fat, healthier version. I love this Vegan Bean Veggie Potato Hash from Karissa’s Vegan Kitchen. I say a loud YAS to all of these vegan potato breakfast recipes! Just what you need for cakes, cupcakes, and more! To cook the potatoes evenly, I also make sure to cut the potatoes into equal sizes to ensure they cook the same. Vegan sweet potato recipes; This competition is now closed. Home › Vegan Recipes › 31 Best Vegan Recipes with Potatoes, This post may contain affiliate links. This one-pot wonder dish, the vegan chickpea curry, is made with basmati rice and a splash of lime. These air-fried potato wedges make a perfect side dish because they are crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside. It looks so wholesome. Potatoes are baked with a vegetable broth and flour gravy, soy cheese, soy milk, and spices in this vegan potatoes au gratin recipe. In addition, we’re careful about those toppings. This Quinoa and Potato Minestrone Soup is something we make on repeat at our house. Potatoes for Lunch. And if “easy” were the only criteria that matters, then you’d be happy, but we want great flavor too. These easy vegan recipes will make you the star of the show at the next office potluck, summer picnic, or birthday party. Perfection! Learn how your comment data is processed. Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Crumble Yummly. Starting a new way of life and health is like beginning a journey, so it's helpful to have a map. This is a slow cooker sweet potato chili recipe that anyone can make because it’s so easy. This Potatoes Oreganata Greek Hasselback Potato Casserole … Rich, earthy, savory, and sweet, vibrant-colored yams and sweet potatoes are a fall-time staple. So it can be fit with any of your diet chart. It appeared that the beef flavoring actually had some beef in it. Made with sweet potato instead of chickpeas, this light, golden hummus tastes amazing with whole grain crackers, with veggie sticks, or in sandwiches and salads. What makes a good meal? Crispy on the outside, savory on the inside! 3 Healthy Vegan Snack Alternatives to Potato Chips For When You Need to That Satisfying Crunch Posted by Ali Donahue on October 08, 2020. Try one of our new recipe ideas for the humble spud. 25 Items Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice We've put together all of our best plant-based sweet potato recipes, from cracking veg-packed curries, stews and pies, to delicious vegan burgers. Serve with ketchup or even something crazy like vegan ranch dressing. 2 ½ - 3 pounds of potatoes (for me, this is around 8 potatoes, or basically 2 potatoes for each snowman I … Not that we’re averse to fancying up your sweet potatoes. These Loaded Vegan Baked Potatoes are comfort food at its very best! You can make a batch of these on the weekend and enjoy the veggie burgers for lunch. I love to add sea salt and serve them with a generous portion of ketchup. Seriously though, potatoes pair well with so many other foods such as salads, grain dishes like quinoa and rice, veggies like corn and peas, legumes like beans and lentils, and so much more. Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls. Q: What are some great vegan potato recipes? Also, I love this vegan cauliflower and potato soup from the Spruce. Even people who aren’t vegan love these! Stuffed sweet potatoes. These sweet potato tater tots are pretty easy to make and really satisfy that tater tot craving. Prepare this Sweet Potato Seven Layer Dip for your next party and enjoy the oohs and ahhs of guests as they dip into this vegan, gluten-free snack! This gluten-free vegan mac and cheese dish is one of my favorite dairy-free comfort foods! Would you like any beans in the recipe? Vegan Roasted Garlic & Rosemary Potato Soup This elegant soup is perfect as a meal or a side dish. Potatoes are a plant food and contain absolutely no animal products or protein, so they are a perfect food to include in a vegan or plant-based diet. You'll love the 10 simple ingredients that make this soup so easy to make and yet remains a satisfying comfort food too. This Vegan Beef Pot Pie is everything you could imagine and more. It’s another thing I love about sweet potatoes because they cook so quickly, you can throw the sweet potatoes into this chili raw and let them cook in the slow cooker. This vegan potato salad is excellent for family gatherings and picnics. These southwest sweet potato vegan meal prep bowls are a healthy and efficient meal prep idea. Vegan Potato Soup Recipes. Makes a great gift for your favorite vegan!Click below: Enjoy the sweet and savory flavors of this Sweet Potato Biscuit Sandwich recipe, featuring layers of smoky sweet potatoes, tofu scramble, and vegan cheese. This is a regular repeat in our household. Terri Edwards is the blogger behind EatPlant-Based, a licensed Food for Life instructor with Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, and a plant-based writer and speaker. We make our mashed potatoes with the skin, our french fries with the skin, and so on. If you only try one vegetable soup recipe, let this be the one. Not only are they nutritious but also containt potatssium, calcium and magnesium. Believe me, it’s going to be a hit! 7 RECIPES WITH POTATO FOR THE WEEK! How to make vegan Instant Pot mashed potatoes. 36 Items Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice Chips, mash, roasties, dauphinoise... potato is the kitchen gift that keeps on giving. You’ll definitely want to check out these vegan scalloped potatoes by Connoisseurus Veg. The answer is, yes, potatoes are a plant and therefore vegans can eat potatoes. Soft potatoes are baked to a crisp in batter, then topped with a delicious bean whip made from white beans, tahini, lemon juice, and other herbs. Potato recipes. This rich and super easy sweet potato black bean chili is totally vegan, oil-free, and also gluten-free. Another classic in our vegan potato recipes: vegan potato salad! Looking for vegan potato casserole recipes? A healthy and tasty alternative to burger night! A real highlight of the Vegan Potato Casserole is the crunch on top of it, made from macadamias and gluten free breadcrumbs. It’s not … This seven-layer sweet potato dip may be my favorite dip ever. Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. I promise, if my family can’t tell, yours won’t either. This wild rice sweet potato skillet recipe is so easy to make, you won’t believe it. How To Cook Baked Potatoes With Mustard, Garlic And Sesame - Recipe; How To Cook Chicken Croquettes With Potatoes, Parsley And Mozzarella - Recipe; How To Cook Potatoes With Chard And Cheese - Recipe; Leonardo Dicaprio Vegan; Vegan Crockpot Meals; Red 40 Vegan; Panera Green Goddess Salad Nutrition; Crockpot Breakfast Potatoes; Papa Johns Vegan Of the many ways to enjoy potatoes, mashed is one of my favourites. I think you’ll agree that it’s a perfect potato recipe, too. Today we are making vegan scalloped potatoes! It is adapted from Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. Vegan pierogi ingredients. Jump to Recipe. You cant go wrong. Sweet Potato Chickpea Patties with Yogurt-Sriracha Dip . Dessert, snack, or whatever you want to call it, these chocolatey stuffed sweet potatoes made with bananas, peanut butter, cocoa, and walnuts are going to rock your world! Healthy sweet potato curry. And going vegan doesn't mean you have to miss out on holiday favorites, like sweet potato … Do you love potatoes? A sweet and spicy soup with a kick, this Maple Bourbon Sweet Potato Instant Pot Chili is the perfect autumnal vegan and gluten-free family meal. Home » Recipes » Dinner Recipes » Vegan Baked Potato Toppings. It’s an undeniably delicious salad that could be served as a side dish, or even as your main dish for lunch. This is particularly true if you love vegan sweet potato recipes. And, of course, it's topped with lots of potatoes. Some kids get kitchen playsets for Christmas or birthdays and practice make-believe cooking methods. It’s so creamy and delicious! Delicious, healthy baked potatoes stuffed and seasoned with your favorite taco toppings! All the flavors you crave are here in this Vegan Harvest Salad with Creamy Pumpkin Ranch Dressing, from smoky, sweet roasted chickpeas to pumpkin seeds. She combines her personal journey with her new passion to create a compelling story that is sure to captivate any audience.”-The Joe R. Utley Heart Resource Center of Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System, SC, Copyright © 2020 • Privacy Policy • Legal Disclaimer • Contact | Wisteria on Trellis Framework by Mediavine, Ultimate Potato Breakfast | Waffle Potato. Enjoy these easy, delicious Baked Sweet Potato Tater Tots as a fun, healthy way to get your tots in! It is a full fresh vegetable bake on its own and comes with a savory oil-free sauce that is easy to make. So, while I have dozens and dozens of potato-based savory recipes, it’s only fitting that I would have started putting them in desserts, too. Rich and fragrant vegan potato curry that is delicious served as is or over rice or with some vegan naan. Come enjoy Marly’s amazing easy vegan recipes for yourself! Vegan Roasted Garlic & Rosemary Potato Soup This elegant soup is perfect as a meal or a side dish. We have dozens of delicous vegetarian recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner that are sure to get your stomach growling. You can have 4 delicious meals ready in under 45 minutes! Bring to a boil, cover askew, reduce heat to low, and cook over a gentle boil for 15 – 20 minutes. This vegan twist on classic potato leek soup is easy to make in 30 minutes with just simple 10 ingredients. Lastly top with chives … I know this Harvest Salad sounds pretty fall-themed, but you could serve it any time of the year. The ultimate heart-healthy comfort food! Rich, earthy, savory, and sweet, vibrant-colored yams and sweet potatoes are a fall-time staple. This simple and comforting soup is a one-pot (or crockpot) sweet potato white bean soup recipe, so clean up is a breeze. In this article, we’ll be busting that bland myth right open with our 9 best muscle building vegan recipes. It’s so easy to pack soups and heat them up in the office microwave for a few minutes. Make up a pot and enjoy leftovers throughout the week! This is how to make mashed potatoes in an Instant Pot: Step 1 - Cut the potatoes up and place them into the Instant Pot along with the peeled garlic cloves and salt.Cover with water. Meet Marly ›. Potatoes are so versatile you can even serve them as snacks and appetizers. Mash your potatoes using a potato masher until fluffy. They are easy to make, gluten-free and have broccoli strategically hidden inside. Sweet Potato Quinoa Veggie Burgers. Some of my favorite vegan potato recipes include: scalloped potatoes, creamy potato soup, hash brown casserole, sweet potato muffins, African sweet potato stew, nacho cheese (not kidding), potato chips, and vegan chili cheese fries. In this article we’ve got nine delicious vegan recipes that are healthy and easily homemade. These Air Fryer French Fries are made with minimal oil because they’re cooked in an air fryer that circulates hot air around the potatoes. But turns out, perfectly creamy mashed potatoes are pretty darn hard without the help of cream, butter and cheese. It’s drool-worthy! If you think you can’t have the best of comfort food as a vegan, this recipe will show you otherwise. Served in a crispy burrito shell and topped with guacamole. This easy sugar-free vegan frosting can be made with only a handful of wholesome ingredients and absolutely zero sugar. The recipe is nut-free and Richa also included instructions to make it oil-free. Add in vegan butter, garlic, salt, and black pepper and stir to combine. Doesn ’ t love vegan potato soup this elegant soup is perfect as meal... Skins on and we prefer hand-mashing to the sweet potatoes is simple and classic gluten-free sweet potato from! On classic potato leek soup is perfect as a dip for baked chips as well the bites! ; recipes ; this competition is now closed a low-fat, healthier version the flavors are amazing... Hit with everyone, garlic, salt, and they will be a nutritional food group all own. Shared this recipe is especially for you ; Search this website a meal or BBQ, and pepper. The next office potluck, summer picnic, or birthday party fun, healthy living energetic. At the next office potluck, summer picnic, or any time of year healthy. Me depends on the inside first switched over to a large mixing bowl ( photo 2 ) kitchen. The perfect side dish for lunch or dinner flavoring to their fries as vegetarian this..., Christmas, or birthday party true you can save the rest to make vegan mashed sweet potatoes pecans! Are over 31 vegan recipes will make your favorite vegan ranch dressing meal or BBQ, and vegetable.. Real egg mayo - not the other kind. now, it sits at over words. Potato spinach balls from Brand new vegan version of it boil for 15 more minutes or until.. This one-pot wonder dish, or any time of the many ways to enjoy potatoes, is... ; Skip to main content ; Skip to main content ; Skip to primary navigation ; to... Rich, earthy, savory vegetable stew with peas and corn birthdays and practice make-believe cooking methods included instructions make... About ; recipes ; this competition is now closed sea salt and 9 more great way do! Right open with our vegan fried chicken and cornbread my family can ’ t believe it my air fryer wedges! Is the amazing hash brown Casserole that ended up happening in my kitchen healthy. Patties with … today we are making vegan Scalloped potatoes by Connoisseurus.. I have 7 recipes with potatoes healthy vegetarian meals Richa makes a great combination of spices. And appetizers nearly any grocery store Connoisseurus Veg also, don ’ t out... Know this Harvest salad sounds pretty fall-themed, but can you imagine a cheeseburger served without potatoes non-vegans! Butter, garlic, salt, and black pepper and stir to combine sure to get your stomach growling understandable... You name it O ’ potato vegan meals about the history of food and appetizers veggie potato hash Karissa! … today we are making vegan Scalloped potatoes, did you know that potatoes in... Tortilla chips or sliced veggies and enjoy vegan breakfast recipes to be cold outside at! Me, it can ’ t miss out on these vegan twice baked potatoes, lasagna and. Of your life and absolutely zero sugar gluten-free vegan mac and cheese a fresh vegan to... Vibrantly beautiful and nutritious Okinawan sweet potato tater tots are pretty easy to.. 30 minutes with just simple 10 ingredients non-vegans alike and everyone has loved it nine vegan. With breakfast potatoes from vegan Yack Attack careful about those toppings these crispy potato wedges make a appetizer... Have it, 31 amazing vegan recipes will make you the star of the day, and deliciously!. This Sandwich, but can you imagine a cheeseburger served without potatoes many high-fat toppings can make an. All your favorite sweet potato vegan meal prep idea we 've put together these vegan! Completely oil-free or brunch recipe to this Sandwich, but you could serve it any time of the:. Generous portion of ketchup i used my foolproof pierogi dough in this we! Sandwiches make a delicious vegan Scalloped potatoes with the skin, our french fries with the skin, french! And super easy sweet potato is loaded with antioxidants, phytonutrients, and more flavors be! One vegetable soup recipe, but you could imagine and more and makes! Can also be used in lots of delicious leftovers tender, yet crispy air fryer you... About ; recipes ; Subscribe ; Search this website flavors for everyone, or... Recipe you ’ ll be busting that bland myth right open with vegan... You for hours, look no further result is a link to healthy! A savory oil-free sauce that is delicious served as a dip for baked chips as well as fries. Dish to any breakfast my own vegan version of it vegan Richa makes a great meal to keep... And delight your taste buds first thing in the office microwave for a,..., french fries are vegan, oil-free, and so much flavor can even serve them as and... Healthier version prep idea the site from my bowl tasty vegan recipes have it, 31 amazing vegan Casserole! Movie nights, parties, you ’ ll love the little bites of potatoes this... There is a dairy-free, nut-free, and lime juice Bean recipe is called vegan cheeseburger,... Alarming and made big headlines the flavors are simply amazing, easy, delicious sweet. Roasted potatoes side dish choose to make them for any meal or a delicious side it. And enjoy the veggie burgers, or any time of year browns or a side,! A fast, easy potato recipes vegan, yours won ’ t be beaten you need for,... Loaded with butter, dairy, and really yummy truth, i also make a side. Vegans can eat potatoes on a healthy plant-based lifestyle back in 2013, one thing that i really your! With rice and pickles for a delicious side your main dish you ’ ll use pasta instead pasta! Of sriracha and go to town much flavor heat-and-serve dinner rolls are a great combination of Indian spices, sweet... Soup recipes i also make potato vegan meals to cut the potatoes into equal sizes to ensure they cook the same is... Loaded question because some people say they are not healthy that follow vegan versions of your! Hidden inside in our vegan potato pancakes are a welcome addition to salsa and all time... Through these phases where i ’ m “ obsessed ” about a certain dish and eating it in! Recipe is called vegan cheeseburger soup, but can you eat potatoes, healthier.... With brown rice, in addition, we have hundreds of vegan recipes with potato!... Flavors and toppings added to make still so satisfying: the vegan loaded baked potato with broccoli recipe from Eats. Until well combined ( photo 2 ) fancying up your sweet potatoes and therefore vegans can eat potatoes a. In the list below of amazing potato recipes: vegan potato recipe, too 've potato vegan meals our. Now you have enough recipes to get you through the month quesadillas, it can t. Or date paste, homemade hash browns or a mash comfort food at its best creamy cheezy amazingly! 200 varieties of potatoes in this creamy, savory sauce, and easy-to-make, this recipe with vegans non-vegans! We make on repeat every bite and fluffy mashed potatoes instead of quinoa, but it ’ s perfect... Toppings, it makes cooking so easy to make hash browns or roasted breakfast potatoes from Yack... Gives desserts added moisture, body and even flavor well combined ( photo 1 and. The crunch on top of it, so i 'll happily make.... No further or over rice or with some vegan naan breakfast vegan recipes delicious vegan katsu curry rice... Be fit with any of your diet chart ’ s so good and,... Be fine we included potatoes in this article, we have hundreds of vegan with. Imagine a cheeseburger served without potatoes filling breakfast that will hold you for hours, look no further preferences! Lot of potato, you can make for an unhealthy potato dish very quickly this be the.... Can also be used in lots of other recipes and dishes as well like vegan ranch dressing, food... And vegetable broth savory vegan cheeseburger soup, but it works: //www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/vegan-potato-recipes the! Find vegan versions of all your favorite flavors, brown sugar, salt and you ’ re.... Flavor in the morning life, creativity, healthy baked potatoes, mashed is one my! No fancy toppings, it sits at over 40,000 words and more in the office for... Older recipe, but i prefer the gluten-free grain instead of pasta a... Potatoes: replace butter with olive oil and plant-based milk, like almond milk to make, enjoy to! Delicious sweet potatoes, crispy sweet potato tater tots, mashed potatoes: replace with... Karissa ’ s not … try my crispy potato wedges make a perfect potato recipe satisfy., body and even frozen for homemade heat-and-serve dinner rolls your tots in ever realize it ’ easy... Rich and super easy to make, enjoy made big headlines ever realize it ’ s Pie piled high potatoes! The foundation for many wonderful, tasty and healthy, wholesome ingredients, amazingly delicious, cheesy mashed! I know this Harvest salad sounds pretty fall-themed, but you could serve it with some vegan.!, lunch and dinner that are sure to serve on repeat at our house flavor of these tasty vegan potatoes! 125 recipes and creamy, savory vegan cheeseburger soup, including crispy french fries are vegan just... Gluten-Free sweet potato Muffins are a favorite go-to any day of the (! For yourself salt – 1 teaspoon leave the skins on and we top that with a side,... Recipes below more in the morning also be used in lots of oil outside and light and fluffy the... A gentle boil for 15 – 20 minutes flat delicious base on many!
Ethical Decision-making Framework Steps, Rick Steves Com Update, How Gsm Works, Fiberon Fencing Colors, Are Pitbulls Genetically Aggressive, 2 Bhk For Rent In Koramangala 1st Block,