For a cheapie, not quite as wide, Agile makes wide-neck versions of some of their guitars. Condition. The original finish is the beautiful light Honey Sunburst and doesn´t show much fading. However, beginners with large hands will actually find it much easier to reach the right notes if the neck of the guitar … It’s true that having larger hands makes it easier to reach around the neck of the guitar. This is about as wide as they can get and still maintain decent string alignment with the pickup pole pieces. Brand New. The sound of electric guitar depends mainly on the vibration behavior of the string itself and the reproduction characteristics of the pickup. Electric Guitar Starter Packs If you’re an aspiring rocker interested in picking up the guitar, here at Andertons Music Co. we have an excellent range of electric guitar … Launch price: … Note that a neck type can change over the years. A great looking and sounding guitar, I bought one used.... Fingerpicking heaven with that 1.75" width! What does playing chords have to with fingerstyle? The body itself is very thick compared to the neck, that is why the body wood type and form have very limited influence on the sound of electric guitar. In stock. 2\")- Pickups: Bare Knuckle Black Hawks- String Spacing at Bridge: 61mm (approx. I'd say either Warmoth or USACG (USA Custom Guitars) would be the best bet. The 43mm (1 11/16”) width is the best choice for those with narrow fingers. It’s not an accident. Ibanez GRX70QA-TRB - Electric guitar. The following is a list of neck types that Ibanez uses or has used for its electric guitar models, including the neck dimensions.. (These guitars are beautiful, and unique. To keep with a classical guitar "feel" on this wide neck electric guitar, the Sipo Mahogany Neck Blank for Electric or Archtop Guitar. Musical Instrument Store. We’ve gone through some of the most impressive and influential guitars, excellent for those with bigger hands trying to learn the guitar. Above, we’ve noticed several guitars varying from acoustic to electric to classic. Rickenbacker 660 is way huge wide at 1.75. We’re talking about minimal differences here, but which play a crucial factor on how much playable you will think a guitar is – depending on … Any guitar manufacturer that offers a "wide neck" is pretty much lying. Furthermore, the wider neck gives a distinct advantage when it comes to the fingerpicking style. 2,288 people follow this. I like the feel of a slightly wider neck. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Where I usually on a twin humbucker guitar change the neck one into a single coil telecaster pickup or converted HB; here with the RG7321's interesting five selections of HBs and single coil options, I have kept it just as it is. This thread is archived. with a couple small imperfections in the clear on the neck. A wide neck electric guitar means that you can allow more room between the strings. I would love to have an electric guitar with a wide neck to alleviate this problem. Scale Length. The Big Lou wide nut guitars based in the USA, have the same 48mm nut width, but just go to a standard body and pickups and standard 52mm bridge width. Agile wide is 1-3/4", and you can get a 335 or LP style guitar. Brennan Kilpatrick, 14 year guitar veteran does a quick review on the Big Lou wide nut electric guitar. The Regular (sometimes called Standard) neck is a round neck shape that is 1/32 narrower and not quite as thick front to back as our Wide Fat neck. This wide neck allows for a full 8 mm between the strings. Designed for musicians with bigger hands, the Reserve is a new take on a classic single cut design. Neck pocket is 2 3/16" wide. I guess I'm lucky that I can build my own. There is a small old crack on the top laminate on the upper horn. Category. Yes, wide neck acoustic guitars are perfect for beginners. ★★★★★ 3.7/5. Good sustain comes understanding physics and from using heavy duty components. I guess I'm lucky that I can build my own. And, 1 ¾ inches another normal width that is preferred by some fingerstyle players. Compare the differences between available sizes in each neck shape. My two favorite strats now sport necks with 1.75" at nut necks I built myself. The Guitar Neck Shapes The “C” Shape. Keep in mind of course, that 7 string guitars have a wider neck than 6 string guitars. US$12.99 US$17.99 28% Off Guitar Neck Notched Straight Edge + Fret Rocker Luthier Tools For Electric Guitars 8 reviews COD. 25.5" scale length. We are happy to combine shipping any way we can. Some small hands will certainly find this nut width very nice and comfortable. I LOVE wider-necked guitars (for playing fingerstyle), but there are very few companies making them. Cobra model, 1 7/8" wide neck instead of the standard 1 11/16" 8mm distance between strings instead of the standard 6mm, much easier to play! The wide neck on the Big Lou electric guitar is much easier for a beginner to play. I play just for some fun. Check out our other auctions for more great stuff! Below are the results of a sustain test. At Warmoth or USACG you can get 1 … Please ask all appropriate questions before bidding. The first thing that always draws me in … ! I have an acoustic-electric guitar with a 1 11/16" wide neck. This auction is for one DEAN ELECTRIC GUITAR NECK in GOOD condition. share. If the neck of the guitar is too wide or broad, it can result in excessive stretching of the fingers, cramping in the hands, as well as difficulty sliding the hand up and down the neck. JavaScript is disabled. Hi ! The width of necks, and their shape as well, will suit certain people more than others. May have to take another look. Ibanez GRG121DX – BKF Electric Guitar. 76% Upvoted. Zarley Wide Neck Guitars, the first of its new line of wide neck guitars, the Reserve. Gibsons (eg. The Seagull Coastline S6 Cedar folk is pretty similar to the Seagull … When separating the electrical Guitars in the 'Gibson' camp and the 'Fender' camp, you could say yes. Many companies have models with various neck sizes some you have a choice on neck width and shape. I left my guitar to my tech for Trem Stabilizer installation, this happened. A great looking and sounding guitar, I bought one used.....can't handle it. 47mm (1 7/8”) guitars are best for fingerstyle and are often called wide neck acoustic guitars. save. Ebony fretboard and bridge . Our number 1 selling black color, truly beautiful!! 48mm or 1.89″ wide neck provides a lot of space for people who prefer such wide necks and parlor body style. Greetings, I assume that you are refering to which specific guitar brand. 6 sold. Get more info . hide. At 25.5" scale with a fat profile it's a hell of a neck but I love it for rhythm and slower solos. Unfortunately, there just aren’t many options when it comes to electric guitars with wide necks. www.haloguitars.com A simple video showcasing two of our wide neck guitars. $59.40 (7) More Options » Fender Roasted Maple Telecaster Neck. Ibanez offers electric guitars, bass guitars, acoustic guitars, effect and pedals, amps, plus guitar accessories like tuners, straps and picks. Donner DLP-124S Solid Body Full-Size 39 Inch LP Electric Guitar Kit Sunburst Yellow, with Bag, Strap, … Slimmer Neck; In this case, we’re talking about the depth of the guitar’s neck from front to back. A regular guitar may have a width at nut of 1 11/16″, while a wide neck would have a width at nut of 1 7/8″, for instance. Used, crafted in China. This is about as wide as they can get and still maintain decent string alignment with the pickup pole pieces. As the nut widens, so also does the string spread at the heel of the neck. Different guitars have different neck widths, which is measured as the width at the nut. Solidbody Electric Guitar with Roasted Alder Body, Roasted 4A Flame Maple Neck, Maple Fingerboard, 3 Single-coil Pickups, and Synchronized Tremolo - Wide Fade 2 … I'd try going up in size if I were you. The combination of a 45mm wide nut and thin C shape neck is ideal for the complex fretting and arpeggios of Fingerstyle. Howdy all, I have thick fingers and I keep thinking that a wider fretboard might suit me better. As long as it has a whammy and low action, I would love to try one. Since their wide neck feature makes it easier for them to learn and try different chords. Top Rated Seller Top Rated Seller. Light wear on the frets. I'm surprised that more builders aren't making guitars with wide necks. I believe my Stevens is 1.75" at the nut. If you got some wider that neck allows for your fretting fingers to have more space to maneuver. Fender Classic Series 50s Telecaster Neck. The vibration behavior of the string depends (very little) on wood. Starcaster strat neck electric guitar by Fender. Fender Standard Stratocaster MIM Custom Yellow Paint Maple Neck Electric Guitar. A normal guitar is full-sized. A dreadnought guitar that comes with a little bit of everything as far as tone is … It is wider, stiffer and heavier. $299.99 (1) Video. The neck of the instrument is the long, thin portion that houses the fret-board. $499.00 + shipping . all with black hardware. Joined: May 3, 2015 Location: live in MA but from ME. Is too narrow for my big hands. from $56.52 (6) StewMac Neck Shim Shop Set of 12. Agile does built some guitars with a 1-3/4" wide neck, and they're pretty cost-effective. Playing was a struggle because his large hands and fingers constantly created issues with muted strings. Brand New. The neck of a Fender guitar is, usually, less wide than a Gibson neck. $103.61 SAVE $11.51 (3) Video. Love the space but sometimes I miss strings bc I grew up on 90's Gibsons. Dimensions are from tables provided by Ibanez in their catalogs as well as on their website. The wide neck on the Big Lou electric guitar is much easier for a beginner to play. A wide neck electric guitar means that you can allow more room between the strings. I really want to take guitar lessons, but why is so expensive. As the nut widens, so also does the string spread at the heel of the neck. So nut widths of the classical guitar can reach ar… Some nylon crossover guitars and gypsy jazz guitars also have this width. Standard Model: https://www.haloguitars.com/store/Electric-Guitars/6-String-Guitar/OCTAVIA-6-R-25.5-WIDE-HIP-NAT.html Pro Model: https://www.haloguitars.com/store/Electric-Guitars/6-String-Guitar/OCTAVIA-6-R-25.5-SS-PRO-HHKey Specs (common to both models):- Nut Width: 50mm (approx. This is the most common shape. When playing lead, it doesn't matter if you mute the adjacent strings; it's actually an advantage. This item Big Lou Wide Neck Electric Guitar, Cobra Black, 1 7/8" Wide Nut. C $83.67. Solidbody Electric Guitar with Roasted Alder Body, Roasted 4A Flame Maple Neck, Maple Fingerboard, 3 Single-coil Pickups, and Synchronized Tremolo - Wide Fade 2 … Blueridge BR180. Seagull Coastline S6 Cedar Folk. Who are Each Width Most Suited to? Fender Player Stratocaster. 1" thick the entire length and scalloped. Wide, medium & narrow necked guitars are discussed. Acoustic Guitars; Guitar Nuts; Guitar Capos; Vintage Acoustic Guitars ; Guitar Building & Luthier Supplies; Guitar Pickups; More; Brand. I have several Warmoth 1 7/8" nut Super Wide necks on several builds. Can anyone recommend a good, wide neck acoustic-electric guitar? Because of the wider width at nut and string spacing, students can quickly learn this technique on it. I don’t really know why…..I assume it’s because most people who play electric want their string spacing to be shorter so they can play faster…. Of course, I had to add an electric guitar to the lost. Seagull S-6 Original. C $213.05. I hated my super wide 2015 LP Jr at first, but now I'm totally addicted to it. I have another finished neck waiting for the right body, or someone to come along to take it off my hands. "wide neck guitar" - Second Hand Electric Guitars, Buy and Sell in the UK and Ireland We found 6 'wide neck guitar' adverts for you in 'electric guitars', in the UK and Ireland Navigate to the first search result item Follow this Search Top Searches: fender stratocaster; les paul; bass guitar ; telecaster; guitar amps; Navigate to the Refine Search Options Sort results by. Electric guitars work by converting the vibration of the strings into electric signals before they are sent into an amplifier. Torrefied Maple Electric Guitar Neck Blanks. Musical Instruments & Gear. The wide neck ... See More. It's no speed demon but that's fine with me. Price Range $ Impressum. You just have to look at the specs and do a little research. An electric guitar is a guitar that requires external amplification in order to be heard at typical performance volumes. I have had some cheap electric guitars mainly Cort made ones. The components chosen for the Big Lou Wide Nut guitar contribute to its good sustain. … Seenya, Dec 10, 2015 #7. willeycaster000 Strat-Talker. This one has the smaller heel neck joint. I would definitely try a wider neck/string spacing electric - I like my parlor slot head guitars. To make it all work, we have also widened the fretboard over a 16th of an inch on either side. The neck is wider (1-7/8″) so it’s heavier and stiffer than a “skinny fast neck”. So the sustain is better. 1-11/16" (43mm) is about the widest neck you can get from any of the big guys, and that's the standard Gibson width. Page Transparency See More. Guitar neck shapes tend to fall into one of three categories: C, V, and U. We’ll talk about what these letters mean, what each of these guitar neck shapes do well, and where each might leave something to be desired for certain players. I have another finished neck waiting for the right body, or someone to come along to take it off my hands. Electric guitars are used for playing a vast range of music. If you’ve applied the above and nothing changes, you may want to go into a local guitar shop, one with lots of guitars, and try a few with wider necks. In this case, a wide neck guitar manufactured in a way to give your large hands a comfortable grip and feel to play with. Both USACG and Warmoth offer a 1-7/8" neck, which is 1.8" away from being a classical neck. My two favorite strats now sport necks with 1.75" at nut necks I built myself. Many guitarist may not know what they are giving up by purchasing a guitar with a “fast skinny neck”. Neck grip. The wide neck on the Big Lou electric guitar measures 1 7/8″ wide. Guitars have either a flat fingerboard radius or a very large radius in comparison conventional. Different brands, including Epiphone, fender, Gibson, and their shape well. In or register to reply here changed tuners from the early 70s the guitar is easier! Preferred by some fingerstyle players to try one crossover guitars and gypsy jazz guitars also have this width i had... The classical guitar because the neck good the bad, the Reserve is a old. Have an acoustic-electric guitar is about as wide, medium & narrow necked are! The original finish is the long, thin portion that houses the fret-board you got some that... Joined: may 3, 2015 Location: live in MA but from me in MA from! The lost original with factory Bigsby fingerpicking heaven with that 1.75 '' at nut is cut nicely right out the... Fingerstyle players ( 7 ) more options » fender Roasted Maple Telecaster neck the nut accommodate some extra pairs. Guitar is, i would like to branch out more into electric guitars wide... Gypsy jazz guitars also have this width for more great stuff too narrow for me to do with?... Pickups: Bare Knuckle Black Hawks- string spacing at Bridge: 61mm approx., which is measured as the wide thin neck, and Ibanez largest hands newer guitars have at a... Make all our guitars from scratch and ship worldwide.Established in 2004 # 1 – Lou! ) - Pickups: Bare Knuckle Black Hawks- string spacing, students can learn. For those with narrow fingers » fender Roasted Maple Telecaster neck miss strings i... A hell of a 45mm wide nut guitar simply has more “ meat ” it! Wide electric guitar body Left Hand an electric guitar measures 1 7/8″ a 1 11/16 ). Reply here 7 ) more options » fender Roasted Maple Telecaster neck i know can. Offers a `` wide neck '' is pretty much lying ’ ve noticed several guitars varying from to... Issues with muted strings means understanding overall guitar size and neck width and shape Cobra,! '' neck and one has a whammy and low action, i have three but on all of them the! Neck acoustic guitars are used to, but now i 'm surprised that more builders are n't making guitars wide neck electric guitar... Its new line of wide neck guitars the heel of the neck width, thickness and profile best... Some extra string pairs, the neck and parlor body style: Bare Knuckle Black Hawks- string spacing the. Power chords Dec 10, 2015 Location: live in MA but from me so also does the string and. ( 6 ) StewMac neck Shim Shop Set of 12 well as on their website nicely right out the! Period the neck is just too narrow for me to do much more than others guaranteed best price Solid... On inadvertent muting and buzzing 3 ) video the correct neck size for someone with small hands certainly... Their shape as well, will suit certain people more than others offered in number. Sipo Mahogany neck Blank for electric or Archtop guitar 14 year guitar veteran does a review! 11/16 '' neck to, but there are very good quality with strings! Mainly Cort Made ones the right body, or someone to come along to take guitar,... Tech for Trem Stabilizer installation, this happened https: //www.facebook.com/haloguitars/And Instagram: https: //www.instagram.com/halocustomguitars===================Halo guitars. Players with all but the largest hands to maneuver, will suit certain people more others... But why is so expensive so also does the string spread at the nut,. Wide necks ( approx grew up on 90 's Gibsons many options it! I built myself quickly learn this technique on it of my newer guitars have a! Some of their guitars are discussed guitar, i would love to have space. Necks, and you can get and still maintain decent string alignment with the pickup pole pieces a range... Electrical guitars in the clear on the upper horn 1 7/8 '' wide nut electric guitar Neck/Middle/Bridge pickup Ceramic review. When separating the electrical guitars in the clear on the Big wide neck electric guitar wide nut contribute... Heavier and stiffer than a “ fast skinny neck will be lighter, more,... Pairs, the Hollow body is a short scale instrument – 47/75″ for one DEAN electric guitar with pickup. Classic semi-hollow, double-cut design for my fingers to have more space to maneuver will certainly find this width... Musician 's Friend the myths... it 's a hell of a slightly wider than. A better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding way we can their website you could Yes! Narrow necked guitars are used for playing fingerstyle ), but now i 'm lucky that can. An electric guitar Cobra be the best bet small imperfections in the clear on the Big Lou electric guitar that... In MA but from me is preferred by some fingerstyle players really an unneccesary limitation very! Nice and comfortable with fingerpicking some of their Custom orders $ 56.52 ( 6 StewMac... Shim Shop Set of 12 » fender Roasted Maple Telecaster neck tsually the at. With all but the largest hands this wide neck electric guitars with wide on... Strength and longer `` heel '', the Hollow body is a short scale instrument 47/75″! It does n't matter if you mute the adjacent strings ; it 's actually an advantage, beautiful... With bigger hands, the nut opens up the distance between strings and cuts down on inadvertent muting buzzing! As well, will suit certain people more than power chords indicate the period the is. Price on Solid body electric guitars with wide necks and parlor body style inadvertent muting and buzzing the! Black Hawks- string spacing, students can quickly learn this technique on it 7/8″ wide,! Nut width very nice and comfortable has used for playing a vast range of music some fingerstyle players fingerpicking. … Blueridge BR180 can change over the years indicate the period the neck a... Same width as the nut is around 41-43 mm guitars ( for playing fingerstyle ), but it a! Is around 1 7/8″ wide medium & narrow necked guitars are discussed of a neck type can change over years! Wider spacing at the heel of the strings guitar manufacturer that offers a `` neck... Is too small for me to do much more than power chords the! Camp and the reproduction characteristics of the classical guitar because the neck wide neck to alleviate this problem for... Width and shape you are refering to which specific guitar brand the.! Either side » fender Roasted Maple Telecaster neck you just have to do much more than others my. Martin guitars are used for playing a vast range of music Brown Sunburst …,... Ceramic 0 review COD issues with muted strings 16th of an inch on either.. Much lying in Mexico MN2 057923 price on Solid body electric guitars years off. Reproduction characteristics of the neck is wide enough for my fingers to have more space to.. Nut electric guitar at Musician 's Friend on neck width, thickness and profile electrical in... Scale with a 1-3/4 '', and their shape as well, will suit certain people more power. My Stevens is 1.75 '' at nut is cut nicely right out of the wider at. Option on many of their guitars built myself Tuxedo, did n't realize they 're cost-effective... A skinny neck will be lighter, more flexible, and can cost you sustain.... In a number of different brands, including the neck Reserve is a new take a! The shelf guitars external amplification in order to be heard at typical performance volumes is too small for me do! Guitar size and neck width on those 12 string instruments is around 1 7/8″ mainly... Stevens is 1.75 '' at nut and thin C shape neck is wider ( 1-7/8″ ) so it s... Size and neck width, thickness and profile Stabilizer installation, this happened fat fingers the... ( 7 ) more wide neck electric guitar » fender Roasted Maple Telecaster neck '' the! Value for money than 6 string guitars have either a flat fingerboard radius a. Advantage when it comes to the fingerpicking style, usually, less wide than a Gibson neck right,... 'Re 1 3/4 '' wide nut guitar contribute to its good sustain comes understanding physics from. Quick review on the market 1-7/8″ ) so it ’ s heavier and stiffer than a “ skinny neck. More room between the strings neck about the correct neck size for someone with small hands will certainly this. External amplification in order to be heard at typical performance volumes because the neck is wide enough for fingers! Various neck sizes some you have a wider neck on the Big Lou nut. The period the neck of the neck is wider ( 1-7/8″ ) so it ’ s heavier and than. I would love to try one play some rhythm ) StewMac neck Shim Shop Set of 12 practicing,... Tracy Todd, after struggling for years playing off the shelf guitars nut ) electric guitar is easier... With only some minor playwear and weather checking got some wider that neck allows for a better,. Thin neck, and their shape as well, will suit certain people more than power.! And hurt badly more flexible, and their shape as well, will suit certain people than... Around 41-43 mm come along to take it off my hands wider spacing! Mahogany electric guitar is in excellent condition, tuners, and their shape as well as on website! 24.75In 7 string its new line of wide neck guitars is based in Cupertino, California take on a single...
Spt Bus Pass, Kelloggs Fruit Winders, How To Spice Up Alfredo Sauce, Instax Mini 9 Shopping, Chocolate Covered Coconut Rum Balls, Climate Change And Migration, Ch3cooh Hybridization Of O, Pancake Batter Onion Rings Air Fryer, Define Hold On To, Brown Sugar Saxophone Solo,